Introducing the KIFARU RAMBLER pack.

rbljack

WKR
Aron, will you be doing additional videos of this pack anytime sooon? have some questions still, but figured id wait until you had all the videos out for the Rambler. One of the questions I have is this; can the pack be disconnected from the duplex frame and used as a daypack with add on shoulder straps? If not, im guessing the E and E might be the option to add.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The bag can not be disconnected and used as a daypack.

The E&E would be a great choice for sure (attached to the back or between the pack and frame.

kipper09

WKR
aron,
have you ran the e&e on the back of the rambler.. this pack really interests me, because of the versatility.. you can run it at 2800 ci or pretty easily get it to around 5500 I would say with a few add one. (i.e guide lid. e&e, side pockets). seems like it would work from meat hauling day pack to 7 days.. thanks for all the help

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The E&E attaches perfectly to the back of the pack (were I have my belt pouches attached, but you would attach it anywhere really.

and yes, the pack will work great for day or multi day use just as well.

While I will say I've had enough packs that sandwich the load to know its not for me, this pack is amazing in the amount of thought that went into making this pack. This pack mitigates almost all the down falls of sandwich bags. Really well designed guys.

This really makes me wish I still had my omni-yoke...

Its worth mentioning (it wasn't obvious to me so maybe it helps someone else out) that the bottoms of the slot pockets are even with the bottom of the pack. The side pockets on the loco (and I think the timberlines) kinda angle in and you loose some room at the bottom with larger circumference things.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This really makes me wish I still had my omni-yoke...

Its worth mentioning (it wasn't obvious to me so maybe it helps someone else out) that the bottoms of the slot pockets are even with the bottom of the pack. The side pockets on the loco (and I think the timberlines) kinda angle in and you loose some room at the bottom with larger circumference things.
Good eyes!

You do loose a small amount on these pockets, but very little.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ive had several people ask about what can fit under the Mountain Rambler as far as sleeping bags and Pods.

In this photo I have a 50lb bag of sand between the frame and bag in the load shelf (It's in the high mount position). The Guide lid has my cold weather gloves, resin jacket, face mask and toilet paper. The two large Back Pouches have Micro Spikes, wallet, camera batteries, sat phone and possibles pouch,

You can see that just about any sleeping bag can fit under the Mountain Ruck without re-inventing the wheel. I've got a 5 string medium compression sack in the photo and a Therm Z rest as well.

Also, there's plenty of room left to extend the load shelf down or out (or both), for much larger loads.

dca03b1825f9e296f2e9c86aa6ba5f60.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420312741406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420312741406.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 390
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420312793484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420312793484.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 361
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420312834066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420312834066.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
This new bag looks like the one Cam Hanes has pictures of in the first edition of his back country hunting book but WAY better. When is he gunna join the team?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Brandon, do you think he would really run a Tenzing if he wanted to run the best!! There must be more to the equation:)

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
When is he gunna join the team?

HAHA that's funny right there. We don't have the money for big buck hanes. Thats why he and many others run a Tenzing pack instead of ours. Our pack is better in every way but you know how business is, you have to pay big bucks to get big names to wear your gear. We don't need him anyways, we have an Aron. haha. wow that sounded gay