Rokslide Backcountry Kill Kit

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys use the flagging tape for? Just seems unnecessary but for you ounce counters to throw it in there maybe I'm missing something.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I take about a quarter of that role, but yes, it's for blood trailing.

The other option is to take it out of the kit.

What do you guys use the flagging tape for? Just seems unnecessary but for you ounce counters to throw it in there maybe I'm missing something.

I would leave the tape in there it's made some tracking jobs of mine a lot easier especially when you have to return the next day to follow up

cmeier117

WKR
Will the new TAG BOMB bag kit that is coming out fit in the medium KU pullout with everything else that comes in the kit?

rhendrix

WKR
Something else to consider to lay the meat on besides a piece of tyvek is an emergency blanket, folds up nice and neat and is pretty light and you can obviously use it for its intended purposes.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
FTF, we don't have any plans for this. The gen 1 meat bag is better anyways:)

What's the uses for the different game bags? The Kifaru meat baggie and the TAG Bags are rather different. Just wondering how you came to chose the two different types and how you employ them. The Kill kit is pretty well thought out; nice work.

Shrek

WKR
The tag bags are breathable meat bags for hanging and the kifaru meat baggie is not breathable and is for putting the meat into your pack without blood leaking all over everything. The only time you would keep the meat in the kifaru bag is when it is actually in your pack and it would be in the tag bag while inside the meat baggie. Anytime you stop for an extended time you need to remove the meat from the kifaru bag and let it cool and breath.

Ironman8

WKR
I didn't see it answered, and was wondering as well whether the BOMB bags are now being used for this kit instead of the originals?

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I don't see these for sale in the Rokslide store. Will they be back in stock in time for my famdamily to get me one for Xmas?