Stone Glacier and Kifaru

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey BB, we must have gotten our wires crosses as I thought you wanted the DT1:) ....my bad. I'll send out a High Camp today and you can choose either for review.
Alright guys,

The big brown wonder-van just dropped off a box full of goodies from Kifaru.

So inside was a black bikini frame and coyote DT1 with some extra pouches, grab-it, etc.

I know some guys may be disappointed it isn't the High Camp, but I actually think it will make for some good comparisons. Kifaru is working overtime to get the High Camps ready to ship. It is fine with me, I can strip it down to basics to get a feel for the high camp.

the comparo can begin in earnest now. ;)

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Naw Aron,

There aren't any wires crossed. I should have explained better. Like I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I was approaching this from the customer's perspective.

I did this with Kurt, and after a discussion about hunting styles and preferences he ended up sending the Terminus over the Solo.

So, when I was talking to Aron, he was asking me about how I look at a hunting pack, and I mentioned functionality was more important than weight savings. Aron stated he thought the bikini/DT1 would be a better fit for me personally. This is what I was talking about. Aron and Kifaru try to match the best pack for the individual hunter, which is a testament to good customer service.

So, in my conversations with Aron, I stated I would review whatever pack they sent me, and Aron felt like the DT1 would be the best fit for me, and Aron also mentioned they are working hard to get HCs out to those that ordered as well.

I just mentioned some Roksliders might be disappointed (not me), because there was some discussion earlier in the thread (posts 109, 110, 111) where some guys thought the HC would make more of an "apples-to-apples" comparison than the DT1. The Terminus and HC are certainly more similar in design and specs, but I still think valid comparisons can be made with the DT1.

If there is an HC available for evaluation, and Roksliders would rather see the HC, I am more than willing to put it to the test!

Great review Matt I like seeing regular guys showing how to use equipment with perspective only to give pros and cons and not get paid for saying this one is better thanks

Shrek

WKR
Are all of the reviews going to be on video?

I can't watch anything you post on vimeo as my mobile platform doesn't work with it. The I pad / I phone and newer android versoins do not support flash player. If you post to YouTube I can watch most things because they convert it to the new mobile standard html 5. I am assuming the problem is flash player that I can't watch vimeo.

Shrek

WKR
Gman , I checked out vimeo player app and it's a no go for me. They want to be able to control my cameras and recorder on my tablet. Way too creepy for me !

Gman

WKR
All you're doing by allowing access is giving the ability to record and upload via Vimeo when in the app if you want. It's not going to start taking secret video while you're in the shower. :)

Ozz08

WKR
All you're doing by allowing access is giving the ability to record and upload via Vimeo when in the app if you want. It's not going to start taking secret video while you're in the shower. :)

Lol! I just spit my coffee! My brother and his wife were just arguing about this same thing the other day.

Shrek

WKR
The reality is that once you give that permission they can use it to spy on you. You are counting on their integrity to not abuse the permission.