2016 Mystery Ranch pack lead times

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I pre ordered a new metcalf and frame in January and was told it would be shipping mid to end of April by mystery ranch. The 3rd week of April I get called and they said it is now 2nd week of May ship dates. Today myself and 2 buddies who ordered our packs had all big heard anything so my buddy calls to see if they had shipped. Now they are saying end of June at the earliest.... We ordered from Schnee's who is right down the street from MR and the MR guy at the trade show said Schnee's would be one of the first guys to get packs. Anyone else getting this run around?? I'm a die hard MR guy, but this no notice ouch back stuff is getting a little ridiculous.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Correction, Mystery Ranch just returned a call and said now it's 1st to 2nd week of July. They say their over seas manufacturing facility is running behind.. I told her that I was told by the MR employee at the show that the whole reason for the over sea's facility was to "streamline production and keep costs down", so if this is true, how come I was told I would have it in April, then called and told they are very confident in second week of May for delivery and now that that date has passed with no notice, I'm being told to wait another 2 months? She said she is sorry and they are working on expediting these packs....

Loosing faith in this made over sea's run around..

Dameon

WKR
Sorry to hear that. I'm a big MR fan too, but they aren't exactly instilling a whole lot of confidence right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Geez thats brutal. I did have a pintler on order, but cancelled it a few weeks ago. Decided to go with a SG. Still have marshall for big trips though.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I was a die hard NICE frame fan and I sold my set up which was heavily used after last season. I'm going to grab a NICE metcalf and Marshall package I found and get the OV innovations belt guide/load lifter and cancel the new pack order after I varify some details of the new pack with MR tmrw morning. The fact that the new over sea's frame doesn't have any webbing or attachment points on the belt is sealing the deal for me. U.S. Made is a big deal for me and I can't seem to let that go or believe Dana would be on board with it.

I was a die hard NICE frame fan and I sold my set up which was heavily used after last season. I'm going to grab a NICE metcalf and Marshall package I found and get the OV innovations belt guide/load lifter and cancel the new pack order after I varify some details of the new pack with MR tmrw morning. The fact that the new over sea's frame doesn't have any webbing or attachment points on the belt is sealing the deal for me. U.S. Made is a big deal for me and I can't seem to let that go or believe Dana would be on board with it.

Of course Dana is on board. It's his company isn't it?

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Of course Dana is on board. It's his company isn't it?

Yes it's his company, I'm just saying it shocks me that someone that rooted in this industry would have stuff made over sea's. From the looks of these continued push backs and the company's giving no answers except apologizing for there over sea's manufacturing facility, it seems they are getting what they deserve. You can still get the original U.S packs under the military/fire links.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I cancelled my new order from mystery ranch and called camofire and they still had a few metcalfs and marshall's in stock. I got one of each this morning even though the belt size was to small on the marshal. I called mystery ranch and they're customer service is still amazing. They shipped me a correct sized belt for free with a return shipping label for the belt that is coming on the back after I explained that I had been waiting months for a new pack from them. Had to go with a U.S. made pack. I got both back with 2 frames/lids and load lifters for a screaming deal and couldn't be happier. Tried and true.

boom

WKR
I'm waiting. July is still enough time for me

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

boom

WKR
Better have a plan B when it gets pushed back another month and another month etc.. Hope it doesn't though!

Ahh. I still have my kifaru DT2.

I called MR and they are indeed pushed back to July. I did buy ball cap.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Cancelled yesterday and went with an EMRII instead.....like I should have in the first place.

I hope mystrry ranch checks out these forums occasionally. Too bad to see a good company loose business due to poor communication.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I pre ordered a new metcalf and frame in January and was told it would be shipping mid to end of April by mystery ranch. The 3rd week of April I get called and they said it is now 2nd week of May ship dates. Today myself and 2 buddies who ordered our packs had all big heard anything so my buddy calls to see if they had shipped. Now they are saying end of June at the earliest.... We ordered from Schnee's who is right down the street from MR and the MR guy at the trade show said Schnee's would be one of the first guys to get packs. Anyone else getting this run around?? I'm a die hard MR guy, but this no notice ouch back stuff is getting a little ridiculous.

Hello. First thank you for your business and I apologize for the run around, I am also in the same situation. I ordered a metcalf thinking it would be here by now so I could get some miles in with it before elk season gets here. guess I'll have to wait..impatiently haha

Officially, I have heard July 15th is when they are due, directly from MR. If anything changes, I will let everyone know, but they should be here by then.

If there's anything I can do to help you or anyone else on here, PM me.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I pre ordered a new metcalf....

So, I found out that packs that are Coyote or Multicam may be here much sooner, maybe by the 1st(fingers crossed), the Foliage colored ones for some reason are having issues/taking longer. Not sure why, but I will keep everyone updated as i find out.

Matt

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
So, I found out that packs that are Coyote or Multicam may be here much sooner, maybe by the 1st(fingers crossed), the Foliage colored ones for some reason are having issues/taking longer. Not sure why, but I will keep everyone updated as i find out.

Matt

That's good to hear, but my U.S. metcalf and Marshall just rolled in so I'm set. I talked with MR for almost a hour (great customer service) and they were solid on the Mid July date as they said once all packs arrive from over sea's, they have to hand inspect each pack to insure quality control. That's one of the main reason for the pushed back date. They also told me the acc for the packs are made over sea's and it will be spring of 2017 before we see any of those.. It's sounded like the over sea's hunting line is not going as smooth as planned..

I'm going to stick with the NICE frame as they said it will always be U.S. Made and isn't going anywhere as they have so many military/gov/fire contracts that use it. As I said earlier, I don't like that the guide light belt doesn't have any attachment points (molle/palls). With your possible delivery date, that now makes 4 different dates spanning over a 4 month period of possible arrival times for the pack, that's a little too much unknown for me.