2016 Mystery Ranch pack lead times

MT Bill

FNG
Ok, first of all sorry to everyone that has waited so long for their packs. I still not sure what caused a delay on MR's side getting them shipped to their dealers. I am happy to say that we have started to get packs in! Only Schnee's and one other business received their initial shipment of packs. We have been filling orders on our backorder list as fast as possible, so if you haven't received yours yet, we are working to get a pack to you. Also, if you would like to order, the best thing to do is call our customer service line from 8:30am-5:00pm MT time, Stacy or Joy will have the latest information on what is in stock and what will be arriving. That number is 800-922-1562.

Thanks

Just placed my order for a medium multicam, metcalf. Looking forward to trying it out.

Multicam Pintler arrived yesterday and I have spent some time with it. I personally like the new frame and overall design. I popped a 40# sandbag between the pack and frame...and can see there is easily capacity to place 100# of boned meat there if someone wanted. Worth the wait.

I know it is early but will the new gl frame make the nice frame obsolete? Interested to hear if there is any decrease in overall quality with the move offshore.

I know it is early but will the new gl frame make the nice frame obsolete? Interested to hear if there is any decrease in overall quality with the move offshore.

No, but it does offer some weight advantage. I don't think the new GL frame has any type of performance advantage over the normal NICE frame with load lifters. I went to the GL and Pintler to save a couple pounds on fly-in hunts, and because I specifically wanted the Pintler bag for this fall in Alaska. I have always really liked the tri-zip designs known to MR packs.

boom

WKR
I'm giving my wife a mix of sad puppy eyes with sexy eyes to prep her for me self buying my bday gift. Going w a Metcalf

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR

According to MR the nice frame isn't going anywhere and will not be changed. It's too tried and true and has too many government/military contracts. Besides the weight savings, you gain nothing with the GL frame. Don't get me wrong, I really like the looks of it and think it was a good move, but being made over seas and removing all attachment points from the new waist belt is a no go for me. I keep a knife, water bottle, GPS pouch and depending on my unit, bear spray on my belt, with the GL frame, all that crap would have to move to me or be out of reach in the pack.

According to MR the nice frame isn't going anywhere and will not be changed. It's too tried and true and has too many government/military contracts. Besides the weight savings, you gain nothing with the GL frame. Don't get me wrong, I really like the looks of it and think it was a good move, but being made over seas and removing all attachment points from the new waist belt is a no go for me. I keep a knife, water bottle, GPS pouch and depending on my unit, bear spray on my belt, with the GL frame, all that crap would have to move to me or be out of reach in the pack.

Good points above. I just recently got my NICE marshall and love it. Although it feels heavy in my hand it feels like nothing when I have it on. I think the extra two pounds will be well worth it for a life long pack system that can and will handle all I can. Wish I had a couple months ago for hauling out my blackie...

Multicam Pintler arrived yesterday and I have spent some time with it. I personally like the new frame and overall design. I popped a 40# sandbag between the pack and frame...and can see there is easily capacity to place 100# of boned meat there if someone wanted. Worth the wait.

You'll be able to fit more meat in there than you want to carry. They are great packs.

You'll be able to fit more meat in there than you want to carry. They are great packs.

Agree, and intend to do a test with 500+ pounds of moose meat in the coming months. Incidentally; the hip belt webbing runs the full length of the hip pads and offers potential for attaching pouches or pockets. There is no side-by-side daisy chain webbing anywhere on the pads. I typically have a robust sidearm on the right-front, or maybe a canister of spray. Sometimes I use a MR Flip Top Box if carrying a video camera, but the FTB attaches back where the belt meets the frame. I generally dislike things on my hip belt when hunting/hiking, so I keep it minimal.

I was able to snag a guide light frame and have it on the way, interested to see the differences in practice. I ended up getting a large and am on the cusp of large and medium belt so hope that is not an issue. I was dead set on selling the nice frame or trading it but think it might be worth holding on to it for the future. Thoughts?
Anyone ever mount any other brand bags on the NICE frame?

bcimport

WKR
I got my metcalf a couple days ago. It is loaded up with three pack rafts, paddles and pfd's for tomorrow. So far so good, very happy to be back under a MR product

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
operator449, I was able to mount a HPG Highlander on my NICE frame. Never used it for anything, just did to see if I could make it work. It fit pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

operator449, I was able to mount a HPG Highlander on my NICE frame. Never used it for anything, just did to see if I could make it work. It fit pretty well.

Just took a look at the hpg site, looks like the Tarapocket would work well on the frame and make a sweet little daypack and load hauler. Could use it with the lid as well. Need one of those!

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider

Are you using it as a compression panel on another pack? Or just on your nice frame independently?

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
I had it on the frame independently much like a Kifaru Apollo. It fit the nice frame pretty well. I used the HPG compression straps off my Ute.

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
Got home from Colorado last night so I put the highlander back on the nice frame this morning for some pics.
55aa9956ac5304c14ff92792168c880b.jpg
90275ef575572cb63c53c617a1d67e4d.jpg
3f94ec8e22011627b8e6a506662b1fea.jpg
3ff8fab16f6780569ffe87229d4b96fc.jpg

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
If any of you are still looking to pick up a Mystery Ranch pack or accessories, we just got a shipment in today. We have Metcalfs, Marshalls, Pintlers, and Cabinets, some packs in Foliage as well that I know everyone has been waiting for! We even have a few Scapegoat packs in as well!

Check them out at Black Ovis! Mystery Ranch Backpacks | Lightweight Hunting Packs