14'r Question: Aron?

Questions for Aron and the team at Kifaru:

1) Why were the mounting tabs at the top of the 14'r removed? I always enjoyed mounting a pod or pocket on the top of my Express pack for overnight/light two day trips. A bit limited now.

2) Can compression straps be run from the daisy chain over the top to the tabs at the top of the suspension system?

Thanks!

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Here's two photos of how he ran it that I saw and remembered when I saw this. Not trying to chime in for him just showing you.
8e0e8af63f95565cb1fddbc3b56f186a.jpg
6969ff765e71ffd4fcfd2d5126b7f674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just from looking at the photo's, the pack in the picture appears to be running a duplex belt and duplex shoulder straps.

Speculation only - maybe that's a prototype 14'er on a frame.

welpro222

WKR
Just from looking at the photo's, the pack in the picture appears to be running a duplex belt and duplex shoulder straps.

Speculation only - maybe that's a prototype 14'er on a frame.

Sure does look like a 14'r mounted to a frame? Please let this be the case, please.

There also aren't belt pouch tab loops on the top sides in that picture. Definitely looks interesting though! I'm already debating whether to get tarryall vs 14'er.

Almost reminds me of a center zip tahr...

Last edited:

Felix40

WKR
There also aren't belt pouch tab loops on the top sides in that picture. Definitely looks interesting though! I'm already debating whether to get tarryall vs 14'er.

Almost reminds me of a center zip tahr...

I'm curious about all this too. Wish they could add a center zip to a tahr

Wish they could add a center zip to a tahr

If you want one contact David at NTColorado.com. He will add one for you at a reasonable price. He is local and do it before it ships from Kifaru if you let him know ahead of time, so you won't have to pay to ship it twice.

My 20 degree EE Revelation in a Sea to Summit eVent compression bag fits nicely in my 14'r. I tried saving weight by stuffing it in the interior spotting scope pockets but wasn't happy with the way the full pockets leave a bit of empty space at the bottom of the pack due to the fact they don't run the entire length of the bag.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
My 20 degree EE Revelation in a Sea to Summit eVent compression bag fits nicely in my 14'r. I tried saving weight by stuffing it in the interior spotting scope pockets but wasn't happy with the way the full pockets leave a bit of empty space at the bottom of the pack due to the fact they don't run the entire length of the bag.

I had this issue as well, trying to stuff larger items in those pockets. I've started just using those pockets for smaller items that I want to know exactly where they are.

As for the OP, I thought I got on board pretty early for the 14'r. I don't remember there ever being any mounting tabs at the top of the pack. If my memory serves me correctly, those pics that are posted are pretty dated, before the woodsman and reckoning were available. I think it was also confirmed that the pack pictured wasn't the 14'r and it is on one of the duplex frames.