Kifaru AMR Review, by Brock Akers

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

With all the talk about the AMR, I was glad to hear Rokslide Mod Brock Akers was doing a review.

See how the AMR performed with a whole deer and a half elk during rifle and bow season

Kifaru's AMR Bag- Up to the Task

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nice review brock. If I didn't already have an EMR 2 the AMR would be my next best choice. Hard not to like all the cubic inches!!

So pumped this review just came out, great job on your review. I ordered an AMR a few days ago and this really shows me I made a great choice.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crappy picture but this was taken on my Spring bear hunt in AK last month.

That is an entire black bear in the AMR. 4 quarters, backstraps, T-loins, misc meat, Hide with the skull in. Not to mention my day hunting gear. Heaviest pack I have ever worn. That bear was not small. Anyway, it fit in there with no issues. I was pretty impressed.

7mag.

WKR
Crappy picture but this was taken on my Spring bear hunt in AK last month.

That is an entire black bear in the AMR. 4 quarters, backstraps, T-loins, misc meat, Hide with the skull in. Not to mention my day hunting gear. Heaviest pack I have ever worn. That bear was not small. Anyway, it fit in there with no issues. I was pretty impressed.

The most impressive part is, that you're hiking in waders with all that weight.

beetlespin

Lil-Rokslider
I gotta agree with Luke, I love my EMR II and have no reason to look into another pack. AMR seems nice too. I think I would just miss the versatility of the EMR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerjunky

FNG
I read your review after watching/reading several AMR Mountain Warrior comparisons and I have no idea which way to go. I would like size enough for extended trips but I would like to avoid a pack that is excessively large on a 5'9" 180lb guy. Brock for prospective about how tall are you so I can get an idea of the pack to person comparison in your photos. Thanks

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read your review after watching/reading several AMR Mountain Warrior comparisons and I have no idea which way to go. I would like size enough for extended trips but I would like to avoid a pack that is excessively large on a 5'9" 180lb guy. Brock for prospective about how tall are you so I can get an idea of the pack to person comparison in your photos. Thanks
I'm 5'11"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk