Kifaru Customer Service is Great!

Gumbo

WKR
I had the stitching on the side pull of my belt on my Hunting Platform Frame (old style belt pull configuration) rip while I was adjusting the fit yesterday. I emailed Frank at Kifaru that night and he responded at 8:00 am the next morning. He said he was forwarding the message to Kevin in the warranty department. Kevin emailed me less than an hour later letting me know that he was ordering a "smedium" belt for me and that I could return my old belt once I got the new one. I just wanted to pass this exceptionally prompt and generous response along to everyone on this site...THANKS KIFARU, you have a customer for life!!!!

striker3

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to agree. Last month I ordered a 20* coyote slick bag. The day before my order was supposed to ship, kifaru called me up to tell me that, for whatever reason, they didn't have as many in stock as the system said. A normal company would have let me know that I was now back ordered and pushed my shopping date out. But Kifaru is not a normal company, they upgraded my bag to my choice of camo color for free!

I am starting to feel like a fan boy because so much of my gear comes from Kifaru, but when a company shows as much loyalty to the customer as they do, it is hard not to return that loyalty. Plus their gear just plain works!

lkwoolsey

WKR
Agreed! I had a pullout stitching start to pull, creating a small hole in the seam. Emailed Frank, he forwarded it to kevin, and they sent a new pullout that day. Kevin even called to make sure that I received it! I know it's something small, but the fact that they take care of their customer even with something like that is awesome!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
UPDATE: It is now 10/12 and I have my new belt in hand, TWO DAYS AFTER MY INITIAL EMAIL TO KIFARU!! It has the new lock system and is a "smedium", which fits perfectly! Thanks Kifaru, this is the best customer service I have ever experienced!

mauidiver

WKR
UPDATE: It is now 10/12 and I have my new belt in hand, TWO DAYS AFTER MY INITIAL EMAIL TO KIFARU!! It has the new lock system and is a "smedium", which fits perfectly! Thanks Kifaru, this is the best customer service I have ever experienced!

Hey Gumbo, do you have a pic of the new belt? I thought I needed a smedium size myself as I'm 34 waist and run the small belt which is a touch short. Talked with frank today and he recommended ordering another medium with the new belt and it should work. Just want to see the difference. Can't seem to find a pic. Thamks

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
View attachment 44250

The belt is about 29 inches long in a straight line when allowed to curve at the ends (NOT flattened out). Each pad is about 11 inches long when flattened out. Hope that helps.

There's been a couple times Aron has talked to me over the phone in the evenings way past business hours. My buddy bought a Kuiu and apparently they sent him a thank you card. I told him that's cute, Kifaru's product developer/tester called me after hours to help me out lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is stories like this that make me go to Kifaru. Thank you for sharing.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I walked in one day with a small item that I was unhappy with and they didn't even blink. They just took it from me, disappeared into the back and came out minutes later with a perfect one, no questions.

They are great i had a problem with my order emailed them, got a call the next day and the problem was resolved

UglyJow

Lil-Rokslider
Figured I'd give my other side of the story. Ordered a set s to xl of pullouts on Sunday. Called up first thing on Monday asking if there was any way I could get a mega instead of small and offered to pay the difference in cost of the two. Honestly expected a no as the answer and was perfectly fine with that. I was told that they would not only do this, but they wouldn't up charge me. I actually felt bad and insisted that I would pay the difference if they needed me to. Colin said he'd double check and give me a call back if there was an issue. I didn't hear back from him and got a confirmation of the order later that day, including the note about the size change. I was stoked and had full intentions of posting in this thread a detail-less rave for the customer service truly going way outside the norm.

Fast forward to today. I got a call this afternoon about the order and was asked why I placed a note asking for the change in pullout types. I explained that I hadn't placed that note and what had happened and that I offered to pay the difference between the two sizes. Long and short of it I was told that they wouldn't send me the different sizes for free as I had been told earlier, that I couldn't pay the difference in the sizes, and that if I wanted med-mega I'd have to cancel the order and order them individually at individual cost. I just canceled the order.

I'm not actually mad, as what I asked for is clearly not an option they want to offer. I am very disappointed that I was told one thing and 5 days later when I was expecting to actually receive them today or early next week that they were going to go back on the offer.

So it's not all roses.

reaper

WKR
Bought a new belt for my bikini frame and added a note for the order to send me the newest power pull design and matching kryptek webbing and the note was confirmed via email. One month and a half later i received my order,old power pull and no matching webbing...i was a little disapointed about the service but i just emailed Frank at kifaru and he just take care of all this and pretty FAST.I just have good things to say about Kifaru even if i am Canadian 😛

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Too bad their shipping charges are totally wack!
Went to order an omni belt and they wanted $24.00 to ship it!.. when that very morning I shipped an omni belt i sold on ebay to colorado for $6.00 Not sure why they need to quadruple it.
I'd undestand if it was overnighted, but it was standard on top of the normal 1 week turn around.
Totally ridiculous in todays market where free shipping is becoming an incentive if not the standard.
I guess if you have a premium product it needs premium shipping.