Wilderness Game Care

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I get a lot of questions about what I do in the wilderness to help keep meat from spoiling.

I recently watched a video from Larry Bartlet (owner of Pristine Ventures) and would highly recommend watching it. The video is about float hunting in Alaska, but everything he covers directly relates to backpack hunting.

The video is called "bloodtrail", and I've attached a link below.

http://www.pristineventures.com/products/dvd-library.html

You will also see a few other videos on Larry's site, all of them are worth watching (mostly for comedy), but the 3 disc set on wilderness taxidermy is also very informative.

Larry also owns T.A.G bags; these are the game bags we offer in our kill kits.

Anyway, for those interested in learning about game care/wilderness taxidermy, these are the most informative videos I've found.

Manosteel

WKR
thanks for the link. The Field care and Wilderness Taxidermy look like a must have dvd's to fill the viod in the off-season months.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Larry is a great guy, and does some really incredible float hunts! Besides TAG bags he is also the inventor of the large capacity packrafts we have been using, the Big Rig. His DVDs are always educational and great entertainment...there is some funny stuff in there!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Larry is a great guy, and does some really incredible float hunts! Besides TAG bags he is also the inventor of the large capacity packrafts we have been using, the Big Rig. His DVDs are always educational and great entertainment...there is some funny stuff in there!

Can you post a couple photos of Larry's rafts?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you post a couple photos of Larry's rafts?

Here are a few:
IMGP1282-1.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMGP1092.jpg

IMGP1117.jpg

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Way cool! Those rafts look like the ticket for getting around up there. Have you used that size raft for moose?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
hey gang, glad to be invited to join this killer forum...wow! Great advice from real doers in the outdoors. Keep up the great work, Rokslide and members!

here's a couple shots of us using the Big Rig and PR-49 for moose and caribou hunting. These rafts have opened up places that were previously untouched by conventional float hunters

rear view loaded.jpgBig Rig with whole moose.jpgloaded with 2 bulls.jpg

Hey Larry,

I have a set of your game bags from 5 years ago and a set from last year. I noticed you changed the material. Any reason why?

GotDraw?

WKR
Reviving this, as I learned a ton about meat care from Larry's video and extend great thanks to him for putting it together!
JL