Ranger green

Just saw the packs in this color on Kifaru.net.....mmmmm looking good!

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

hungry1

FNG
Ordered a Ranger Green 22 Mag. No pictures on the Kifaru site, but for those interested, I can post pics here when it arrives.

OP
S
Really? I am sold on the green w/ brown webbing. Was going to try and snag a used pack here but that new color looks too good

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Just personal preference I guess.

I'm still waiting on whether or not they are going to do a ranger green frame or not, that will help make my decision.

OP
S
Yeah...I was bummed when I got my gen1 Zulu in coyote, but that was what was available at the time... Now I like coyote. Would be interesting to see the Ranger green against different colors of webbing

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
Ranger Grey is available in the Hunting and ultra light frames now. Supposed to be available on the tactical frame as well. I don't really see any green in the ranger green used. Looks more dark grey/brown to me. I really like the newer OD they have been putting out. Just personal preference.

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
Im curious if they are using both 1000d and 500d for the Ranger Green. Ranger Green is available in the Cargo panel and that is typically 1000d if im not mistaken.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
I'm liking the ranger green. I just got my coyote Tahr yesterday and it may be getting some ranger pockets attached to it.

XMP

FNG
Ranger Grey is available in the Hunting and ultra light frames now. Supposed to be available on the tactical frame as well. I don't really see any green in the ranger green used. Looks more dark grey/brown to me. I really like the newer OD they have been putting out. Just personal preference.

I think that OD was of temporary availability though and not a long term offering. Otherwise it would be worth pushing for frames and more packs in it too.

Kotaman

WKR
I don't care what color "Ranger Green" really is...I LIKE IT! Ordered a complete set up: Argali, Spotter Pocket, Large Belt Pouch, Small Belt Pouch, Water Bottle Holder, Guide Lid, and the new Frame with the RG shoulder straps and waist belt!!!!

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I want to see a photo of the ranger green frame first.

worst case I can probably spray paint the coyote webbing with Krylon to try to match the ranger green I guess but I am hoping that the green webbing will be offered,all of the other frames have matching fabric and webbing, hoping it will be the same for RG.

XMP

FNG
The contrasting webbing isn't bad and if its all they offer, I'll still probably order a frame and bag in it. However, I'd definitely prefer Ranger Green webbing as well.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I agree that the contrast is good but I'm looking to use this as a hunting/backpacking pack and I think that the different colors really highlights the webbing and makes it look much more military styling which I'm trying to avoid. ideally I was really hoping for a foliage green in the current frame, I would already own one if they offered foliage as it us a great multiple usage color for those who don't want it to stand out too much but still reasonable for hunting use.

XMP

FNG
I agree that the contrast is good but I'm looking to use this as a hunting/backpacking pack and I think that the different colors really highlights the webbing and makes it look much more military styling which I'm trying to avoid. ideally I was really hoping for a foliage green in the current frame, I would already own one if they offered foliage as it us a great multiple usage color for those who don't want it to stand out too much but still reasonable for hunting use.

Wouldn't the wolf grey option work for that then?

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
It would, but I've got a foliage pack already (Exo) that I would slot onto a foliage frame, but wolf and foliage are different enough that a foliage bag on a wolf frame would look a bit "off", I know that a lot of people don't care about color etc but I'm an instructor at a survival school and I always do a "what's in my pack" breakdown sesion so I prefer to look "professional" and not looking as if it is just tacked together with bits and pieces. Anyway, I know my particular situation is unusual, so I can't expect Kifaru to make something specific just because it fits my individual needs...

I like Ranger Green enough that I would just sell off the Exo and buy a new set but not totally sold on the ranger/coyote combo, I'll wait to see what the packs look like in "in the field" photos, maybe it won't look so bad with some ranger green belt pouches on it.

Last edited:

XMP

FNG
I'm pretty particular about colors too, so I hear what you are saying. It would be ideal to have the whole kit color matched.