Woodsman/Reckoning Water Bladder

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@silver_yummies - The side pockets have tabs at the top for this purpose

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
on my nomad there are 2 layers of fabric... if there is 2 layers on the woodsman could you just cut a slit in it and stuff the bladder inside?

deadwolf

WKR
x2. Serious oversight or bad decision, that sucks. Was really wanting one of these but dont see myself taking the pack off the frame each time I need to fill up water.

Just an option, sawyer quick disconnect will allow you to fill you bladder through the hose without having to remove it from your pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Dodgeis4me - The woodsman only has one layer of fabric. If you modify it, Kifaru probably won't stand by the warranty if something goes wrong. I know the Spotting Scope pocket will fit on the side of the woodsman. That would hold a bladder but it would be off balance.

KurtR

WKR
Hook it to the loop and it is good to go. Un hook two buckles on one side and take it out. It's not rocket science and works just fine

My thoughts exactly.

I don't understand how you can have this sort of oversight on packs of this caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate on why this is an oversight? Kifaru has plenty of packs with a pouch inside for the water bladder. They specifically state that the woodsman/reckoning has an external hanger between the pack and the frame and it is advertised as a feature. I am happy with this feature so that when/if my water bladder leaks or breaks, I don't have a puddle of water sitting inside my pack. The backpack also protects from any accidental scrapes from sharp objects when unloading/loading the pack.

I do agree with some of the other posters here that you should get a low-profile water bladder in order to get the best fit but I see no difference in pressure. The bladder is removable WITHOUT unloading your pack but I recommend putting a full water bladder in first and then packing the pack full. This leaves a small void that the bladder can sit in with reduced pressure.

Kurt said it best on why this is a nice feature.

Hook it to the loop and it is good to go. Un hook two buckles on one side and take it out. It's not rocket science and works just fine

Last edited:
Hmmmm. With all due respect, I didn't care for the external bladder placement on my reckoning or woodsman. My bladder shifted when doffing and donning the pack and it froze up fast when I put the pack down for a while still hunting last winter. So I went back to my familiar preference inside the pack. A few easy changes and I have my bladder hangin from the chamber pocket and routed the hose through a DIY hole. It has some draw backs, like getting access to the bladder with a full pack and it can get squashed if the pack is compressed. Neither way is perfect but it comes down to user preference.

Some like the external attachment. Some of those offered feedback on how they rigged it up and adapted it.

Some people don't like it. i am sure the Kifaru guys appreciate the user input (thoughtfully delivered) as it helps them evolve and grow their products.

Regardless, kudos to A-a-ron and the Kifaru team for going in a different direction. Anyone in business ought to know the old Henry Ford notion, that if he would have given the customers exactly what they asked for it would have been faster horses. One of the things I like about the Kifaru packs is that they are functional without being over-engineered and avoid the weight that comes with a bunch of bells and whistles. Just add a few pockets when and where you want them and you can have whatever function best suits your needs.