A Quiet Kifaru?

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broke my heart, but I just sold my Barney's a few weeks ago.

Whoa. If they'd update the belt and offer a few different bags I likely wouldn't have strayed. After wearing the Kifaru belt though, what a difference.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack a thread about Kifaru.

MattB

WKR
I've got a DayOne fleece pack cover I had made for my Kifaru I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested. PM me.

They are noisey, no doubt. If you hunt oak brush country (alot of Colorado) they're going to sing.

I love my Kifaru packs, but when being quiet is key I use my Bison Gear pack, doesn't get much quieter than one of those. I've got two and love them in certain applications. Their setup is very convenient for easily attaching them to a Kifaru frame, which I have done several times. That offers me a quiet pack and the ability to haul out meat.

I've still got my Gen 1 Longhunter/Duplex with the fleece panels that Justin Davis mentioned above. They reversed from camo on one side to blaze orange on the other. That said, I never used the fleece, not even one time since I bought the pack back in 2000 or so. Never worried about the fabric noise as I usually drop the pack for the final stalk on any critter. The pack creates a much larger profile when you are working in whether standing, crouching, crawling for a bow shot.

Randle

WKR
In N idaho archery hunting it can cost ya, an animal can be 20 yards or 100 yards and you may not always know the noise spooked them but I will go with as quiet as I can more often then not. Nylon, cordura, etc is just loud and unnatural noise. Any more we hunt from base camp or spike camp so the meat hauler stays at camp and a 2 -3 mile first load out pack is all I need. I can see where more open country noise would not be a problem though. Rifle hunting not as much of a problem.

Last edited:

Bob b

FNG
I also have a bison gear pack, bought after brush slapped against my pack in nw Montana as I was trying to get a little better shooting lane on a bull that was coming in. Good for day hunts but you will have to attach it to a frame for long pack ins.

aion2come

WKR
I've noticed Badlands and Eberlestock material is quite a bit quieter than cordura. It may not be as durable, but it is pretty tough. You might see if you can buy some of their proprietary fabric from them.

MattB

WKR
I have a fleece pack cover designed to fit my Kifaru that I am willing to sell if anyone is interested.