A Quiet Kifaru?

tater

WKR
I am wondering if there is any chance that kifaru will ever offer a bag made out of a more quiet material.

I am a bowhunter that hunts fairly thick,steep country, and i just can't stand the loud sounds of cordura going through the bush. I am fully prepared to get a little less durability out of a pack bag in trade for quiet. I love being able to carry what i need in comfort, and having the ability to haul out what i kill with the same rig.

My thought is something in the similar to an EMRII without the big side pockets with a lid in some quiet material.

Am i the only one that thinks along these lines?

I hunt a lot of thick stuff, and don't really care about the noise of the pack. If it is so thick I'm making a ton of noise going thru brush I'm not sneaking up on anything anyways so it is not really a factor...for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
Seems like mine has gotten broke in enough that it doesn't make much noise now. Or maybe I just don't notice the fabric being loud because its caked in crackly blood.

Just a thought but Aron killed many animals with a stick bow this year wearing Kifaru. I am a bowhunter too and have never had an issue with the kifaru pack being too noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
There's a number of guys I've seen reference of on here that might make you a pack out of some other material.

Jimss

WKR
Unfortunately there aren't many materials that are rugged and rainproof that aren't noisy. There usually is a trade off. If bowhunting it obviously is important having a quiet pack in brushy country. A simple solution would be to place a quiet material cover over your pack...but it may be tougher to access gear. If you are hunting close to your truck or camp you could always use a quiet material daypack and switch to Kifaru when hauling larger loads. I predominately rifle hunt and haven't really had an issue with my EMR II or Timberline being overly noisy....but I generally hunt fairly open country.

kodiakfly

WKR
I hunt a lot of thick stuff, and don't really care about the noise of the pack. If it is so thick I'm making a ton of noise going thru brush I'm not sneaking up on anything anyways so it is not really a factor...for me.

My thoughts too. Same as when guys ask about quiet or silent gaiters...my busting through alders and rib-high grass and brush, my gaiters and pack are the least of my noise.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just switched, Black Friday 👍🏻, to a Kifaru from a Barney's. It's the quietest stinking pack I've ever worn haha. That Barney is comfy but good Lord it squeaks and creaks.

Back in the day kifaru used to run fleece panels on their packs just for this reason. With that said All I do is bowhunt and I've been running kifaru packs without the fleece for years! Never have had issues

Muttly

WKR
Mine,s out in the reloading room, can,t hear it at all.. Even up close, the tinnitus is louder than the pack, so I,m probably set!..

OP
T

tater

WKR
Just a thought but Aron killed many animals with a stick bow this year wearing Kifaru. I am a bowhunter too and have never had an issue with the kifaru pack being too noisy.

I watched the vids posted of his hunts. He wasn't wearing a pack for his bear stalk in BC, his CO Mule deer looked like wide open country as did his AB mule deer, and where he shot his CO elk definiftely is not the kind of country i hunt. Actually, the area i hunt is predominantly like where he shot his BC bear (and i am a stickbow guy as well).

I sure don't want to go back to a substandard pack just in the name of quiet though.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched, Black Friday ����, to a Kifaru from a Barney's. It's the quietest stinking pack I've ever worn haha. That Barney is comfy but good Lord it squeaks and creaks.

I am looking to get out of the Barney's bag here soon as well. Had to electrical tape everything to make it a little quieter.

charvey9

WKR
I'd guess not, but I don't think your suggestion is bad idea. Lots of natural things make noise going through the brush, but none of them sound like cordura (or any other rough pack/clothing material). I think animals can distinguish that as danger from a mile away. The material used on Eberlestock packs is quiet, but I only owned one for a short time and not sure how durable it is.

HookUp

WKR
Velcro on some felt, you can do whatever you need on the cheap and make it easily removable.. I bow hunted and rifle hunted for about 14 days total with my kifaru this year and never had any issues.