New Cargo Net from Kifaru

Looks like a normal side view of the new gen duplex frame where we happen to be looking thru the middle of the frame under the carry handle. Optical illusion making us think it's a bikini style frame.

IMHO, of course....

molon labe, mrbill

dotman

WKR
Looks like a normal side view of the new gen duplex frame where we happen to be looking thru the middle of the frame under the carry handle. Optical illusion making us think it's a bikini style frame.

IMHO, of course....

molon labe, mrbill

X2.... All three pics have the same antler placement so makes me believe they are different angles of the same loaded pack.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm, I'm not saying that you're wrong, but that looks like it is the thickness of a single stay, and if you had the frame at such an angle to be able to see the "gap" in the frame then the sides look thicker than that to my eye. Can't say for certain, but it looks different to a normal frame to me...

welpro222

WKR
When I saw that, I was thinking of a hybrid hunter/bikini frame. I think Kifaru got the Hunter model frame just about as light as they can, even lighter if you want to go with the arrows and make it an ultra light. The only other way to decrease weight would be to use 3/4 inch straps and buckles and design a more lightweight belt, 2 things that would weaken the design. There is a reason why we pick the Kifaru frame, its the strongest and most comfortable frame available. Its not worth loosing a 1/2 pound to be worried about it breaking half way up the mountain.

When I saw that, I was thinking of a hybrid hunter/bikini frame. I think Kifaru got the Hunter model frame just about as light as they can, even lighter if you want to go with the arrows and make it an ultra light. The only other way to decrease weight would be to use 3/4 inch straps and buckles and design a more lightweight belt, 2 things that would weaken the design. There is a reason why we pick the Kifaru frame, its the strongest and most comfortable frame available. Its not worth loosing a 1/2 pound to be worried about it breaking half way up the mountain.

Amen brother! Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a bikini frame breaks half way up the mountain then your carrying a house with it. Kifaru doesn't make shit that breaks easy, and I doubt they would release something that is not tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

welpro222

WKR
Kifaru doesn't make shit that breaks easy, and I doubt they would release something in tested

I agree.

Like i said, there is a reason we pick the Kifaru frame whether it be the bikini or duplex. They are capable of hauling a house, I guess what I meant to say is Kifaru would never sacrifice strength to loose a few ounces.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic, the cargo net looks great and will be on my want list for sure.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the Thread revival, but I remember seeing a photo in this thread which seemed a bit strange at the time.

If you look at the second photo on post #9 (page 1) the frame seems like it's a hybrid between a hunting frame and a bikini frame, you can literally see through the top of the frame, if doesn't seem to have a framesheet.

Is this a prototype of the new frame perhaps??

92xj

WKR
Sorry for the Thread revival, but I remember seeing a photo in this thread which seemed a bit strange at the time.

If you look at the second photo on post #9 (page 1) the frame seems like it's a hybrid between a hunting frame and a bikini frame, you can literally see through the top of the frame, if doesn't seem to have a framesheet.

Is this a prototype of the new frame perhaps??

If you look at the first picture in post 8 you will see this big blank area between in top of the frame sheet between the load lifters, that area is large on 26" frames but nothing new and what you are seeing in post 9. If you took that frame in the 1st picture on post 8 and turned it to the same angle in the picture you reference you would see a gap and also realize its the exact same frame.

that's what I see anyways, could be wrong though.