Reckoning loaded @ 5 days

Hall256

WKR
Dammit. This f%€£¥g thread just cost me $300 bucks. Reckoning ordered. Thanks a lot Obama.
You won't be disappointed...I ordered the Reckoning right before the season and got a few trips in with it...the pack was worth the wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an EMRII now and in day pack mode, I fold the center in and run the side pockets on top and work out of those. Will the Reckoning fold inward like that and leave the side pockets on top, or is it meant for the side pockets to lay flat and work out of the center? Maybe a silly question, but just curious about day pack options.

Great post btw! Thanks.

I use both the side pockets and center zip when I run mine in day mode. Tripod in one side and spotter in the other side, compressed to the frame. Then I run extra layers, possibles kit, extra lenses/stuff, all in the main bag through the center zip. Even with the guide lid on top, and everything compressed, the side pockets are still easy to pull things in and out of. Then to get in and out of the center zip I never really need to unbuckle anything to lose compression, just unzip from the bottom and pull out whatever I need. With having access to both the side pockets and main bag without having to unbuckle anything when in day mode, but still getting the expansion for multi days, it really makes this an all around go to bag for me. Super excited to get it on some trips and hunts this spring. So far, its the perfect set up for me.

kodiakfly

WKR
Thank you ma'am. Pretty sure I'm to the point of a Reckoning in place of my EMRII. Never thought I'd downsize in a pack, but I really think this'll work a bit better and be a more manageable bag for what I do.

I have picked up the Reckoning pack. First impression is good. I'll hit the trails soon and then try it out on 2 elk hunts this fall.
I had the opportunity to try out a few different manufacturers bags. Came down to 2. Believe it or not, the Kifaru was cheaper to setup than my other option. I will admit the other option was more comfy unloaded. But how often is a pack unloaded. Also, too many other good things about the reckoning won out. It was a 60/40 decision for me. :)

I appreciated the info in this old thread.

Curious as to which 10mm pistol Jordan carries....?

Thanks for the info. Been doing a lot of research lately and I ended up getting my first kifaru frame and the reckoning bag. Going to be a long few weeks till I get my hands on it and put her to the test. Thanks again for the info. everyone.

Thanks for the pics. Is that wolf gray or ranger green? I'm wondering how reckoning would look in ranger green with coyote pockets

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics. Is that wolf gray or ranger green? I'm wondering how reckoning would look in ranger green with coyote pockets

It's wolf gray. I think the coyote is the best combo with the ranger personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk