SJK 2.0 Bounty Backpack Review, by Matt Cashell

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

If you are looking for a backpack that won't empty your wallet but will still perform in the field, give Matt Cashell's latest article a read. A review and a story, all mixed up in one, fully details the performance and features of the SJK Bounty 2.0 Backpack.
Review: SJK Bounty 2.0 Backpack

Last edited:

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very interested in this pack. I had my sights on a kifaru or exo but after moving and getting ready to buy a house, it's not in the cards right now. I was eyeing the Bounty or HH full curl system. I need to get my hands on them in person.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm very interested in this pack. I had my sights on a kifaru or exo but after moving and getting ready to buy a house, it's not in the cards right now. I was eyeing the Bounty or HH full curl system. I need to get my hands on them in person.

The Bounty 2.0 is a great option for somebody in your situation.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for taking the time to review this pack! Curious if you tried strapping a bow to it? Also my torso length is 19.5, 1.5 to spare according to the spec's. Would this be a situation where I would lose some effectiveness from the load lifters?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for taking the time to review this pack! Curious if you tried strapping a bow to it? Also my torso length is 19.5, 1.5 to spare according to the spec's. Would this be a situation where I would lose some effectiveness from the load lifters?

You should be fine with your torso measurement. You are correct that you won't get as much lift as a shorter torso, as the lift is not adjustable. You will still be getting more lift than most similarly priced packs, however. Whether it is enough lift or not would be fit-dependent.

Matt have you had any experience with the ALPS Commander X? It seems like the bounty and the commander might be direct competitors in this budget range. I'm looking for my first hunting focused pack and not ready to spend 5 or $600 yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the slumber jack 4500 bounty. The predecessor to this pack. I like it very much. They are going pretty cheap now since the upgrades of the 2.0 have come out. About half of the 2.0. I have a bunch of pics and was going to do a review of it but don't really need to now. Congrats to your son on his harvest.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know if the frame had upgrades or just the bag? I can live without the bag upgrades for the money savings.

I think they added a nonslip pad to the lumbar pad, added a belt pouch. It other than that I'm not sure. Whatever changes I don't see it being 150 dollars worth. I could be wrong though. I plan on getting a Kifaru belt pouch down the road.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Compare favorably to the HH full curl system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Does anyone know where you can buy this pack outside of SJKs website? I saw one at Overstock.com but that was all I could find.

Rmauch20

WKR
Check out amazon. They were selling for 249ish. I picked one up a couple weeks ago for 219.00.

Does anyone know where you can buy this pack outside of SJKs website? I saw one at Overstock.com but that was all I could find.

Amazon has the bounty 4500 in mandrake for I think 129.00. The 4500 is the older model of the 2.0. May be worth a look and more than half off.