Kifaru Native pack on IG

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
4edb66a536474a0f6bc1c062bc996cef.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Hell yeah. Thanks Aron, what's the bottom one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'm digging the concept. I was struggling with where to put my tall, narrow water bladder, especially while shed hunting. It can't go between bag and frame then without getting popped. So the bladder is solved. I'm thinking I'll use this all the time for day hunts when I'm using a fixed camp too. Pretty sure a sheep tarp, compact tripod, and 55mm Kowa will fit along with day snacks and my bladder. All of that will stay there most of the time when the main bag is loaded too, for quick access. I like the idea of having the bladder ready to go on a stalk as well. It definitely looks a bit odd as a lid, but I'm planning to tweak a bit and get it riding how I want it. I could really care less how it looks, except for when I wear my pack to the hunt Expo and need to make a fashion statement. The functionality of it over a lid is what intrigues me. Almost a lid/spotting scope pocket hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the look of this with all pals gone, going to be an option? Maybe a few tab loops like the highcamp bags?
I thought I saw a version of the echo with four tabs for a belt pouch on the lid of the echo. Not sure if that made the cut or not.

Pardner

FNG
Looks like I've got some purchases coming up. A MC Scout once it is re-stocked and the Native which sounds like it is coming out with the pals webbing. The Native would add quite a bit of versatility. When used when not full, it can be rigged as a mini cargo panel (connected to a meat shelf at the bottom) and use the pals for belt pouches, or up higher as a compression panel, or as a light bag alternative connected on top as a lid (the pals webbing are key for versatility instead of just tabs) -- specially on the 22" and for jungle work. The Guide lid just was not working for me and this may. Not sure how it will actually work in the field but for my use I can think of many uses enough to give it a try.

If your pack is set up right, then it can be the day pack... drop the camp gear out and only have needed items and go hunt. I personally wouldn't use this new Native as a day pack. But it would've been a great addition to my Tahr and run full don the middle. Instead I already have 2 large belt pouches down the middle with a guide lid on top.

I too was wanting a detachable lid as a day pack or run and gun set up. But I have set my pack up where my day pack gear stays permanently in it and all my camp gear is removed, and my Tahr compresses to next to nothing. I keep the emergency stuff in my bino harness if I was ever to be separated from my pack.

I like this Native but already have my Tahr set up. Hmmmm maybe time to get another pack set up.
Dang you Kifaru.....
:)

Lil dude

FNG
Did somebody put some Johnny Walker into the k-koolaid?

If anyone buys this for a lid on their pack.......well I might just be speechless!

At first glance I thought it was a brown $150 stuff sack mating with the camo pack.

He he he !!!!

Don't take this to seriously but as a distant observer of this forum there is a lot of ripping on KUIU "koolaid" and then I see this thread....OMG

The hunting pack market has become insane!

i'm considering one of these to run as a daypack/compression panel for deer and turkey hunting. if i'm running out the back door for a quick afternoon sit i can grab it and go. if i'm hauling a treestand, ground blind, or camp bag up the mountains i could use this to strap it to the duplex.

what would be perfect is a custom apollo setup like this. drop the hypalon sleeve and give me backpack straps and 2 tab loops per side so i can have full access to the bag while compressing a load on all 4 sides.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a video or image of the Native with a load between it and the frame?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone have a video or image of the Native with a load between it and the frame?

Not sure if you mean like on a full bag or not. I just did 2 videos on it on the Rokslide YouTube. Compared it to the guide lid as well

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if you mean like on a full bag or not. I just did 2 videos on it on the Rokslide YouTube. Compared it to the guide lid as well

Enjoyed the videos but what I was thinking was using the native like a Tar, KMR or cargo panel and run the Native alone on the frame and when needed sandwich meat or a camp bag in between it and the frame.

Gobbler

FNG
Kulshan there are two tabs loops each on the top and bottom, and three on each side although not evenly spaced. Running it directly on a frame works great that's how I use it. It could work just fine as a panel to sandwich anything in between however I haven't tried it yet. I don't have an opinion on the strength of it only because it wasn't intended to be used this way. Ask the shop on that one. It's only 9.5" wide so it's narrower than the other packs/cargo panel which are good for this.