Kifaru Native pack on IG

check out instagram for the Native pack coming from Kifaru. looks like it would be a great addition to the reckoning or woodsman.

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
This looks like a good option. I run my water bladder in my lid now too. It would be cool if they could make the shoulder straps on it detachable so you could totally remove them or clip them back on if you want to run them. Maybe just make one with shoulder straps option or one without too. Looks like it could fit nicely in the center of a nomad too.

Cool little idea.

I think it would be nice if it carried more than a water bladder. More function and not much of a weight penalty.

A Kifaru version of the camelback mule or hawg.

I'm sure it will be in the $100-150 range, obviously more if they shoulder straps are the 'contoured' ones.

Right now my Guide Lid does everything the Native will do at half the weight and cost. Why would I carry the heavier more expensive Native as a lid when ounces count in the mtns?

Yes, it's kick ass for a small camelbak style bag but can't see it as a lid replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron's looking for suggestions on the Instagram post so now is your chance to give feedback before they go into production. I was surprised most people wanted the upgraded shoulder straps. I would choose removable at least

I will be the first to say Kifaru is awesome, but that looks like an expensive solution to a non existent problem. i think other applications it would be cool but as a lid i think its heavy over kill.

Randle

WKR
It looks like it may fit the market for the ones that want a dedicated separate day pack. Take it off and go. I see alot of pics and videos where there is a smaller pack strapped to the back of the load hauler.

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
I want one because it would function as a lid but looks MUCH more comfortable as a stand alone pack option vs a guide lid or E&E. I like having a big pack like the MW, AMR, Reckoning, etc to camp, hike, hunt with but it'd be nice to have a comfortable daypack I could incorporate with the large pack. I can get to camp, drop my large pack but still quickly grab a small daypack for hiking, scouting, running from bears, etc. Nothing wrong with the guide lid but the straps are thin. Sure, I'm not likely to pack much weight in the guide lid but the Native gives me more options AND more usage by itself than the guide lid does. JMHO.

LBFowler

WKR
Unless they streamline it quite a bit from the IG proto I think $150 is optimistic. If an E&E is $120, the native looks to use more fabric, has several more pockets and a more complex backpanel. Could very well end up in the $200 range.

I would agree that the guid lid seems like the more practical solution for a detachable day pack, but I'm sure they'd sell the native anyway.

I'm not on instagram, so I just saw this Native pack/lid. Is it just me, or does it look ridiculous as a lid? Looks like a great little pack, but I'm not seeing the use as a lid....

Randle

WKR
I am with you it does not look like a good lid. that thing is huge hanging on there like that.

Call it whatever you want but that's not a "LID". That's just docking a pack onto another one. Not my cup of tea but maybe sum will like it.

c075948ca258afa73e8afd7718bb0559.jpg

ebd5c70e813b393b80277845ff19e143.jpg

This operation makes a lot more sense

8e2fb9c135e681ebbf5ac955a0d111d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I'm not on instagram, so I just saw this Native pack/lid. Is it just me, or does it look ridiculous as a lid? Looks like a great little pack, but I'm not seeing the use as a lid....

Looks like an E&E with a roll top and looks goofy as a lid.