Kifaru Pack Color Options

So I just ordered a new Hunting Frame as well as a Guide lid and several pockets in the Typhon color. I am very excited about my first Kifaru pack, but I was not able to order the bag I wanted (Wolf Gray Reckoning) because they are out of stock of that material, and apparently will be for a month or more. The only other color options I would really want would be an all Black or Typhon Reckoning. Do any of you know if Kifaru will make a bag in a color option they typically do not offer? How is their customer service when it comes to this type of request?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would just call them up and see what the options are. I know they do some custom work, but haven't heard of anyone ordering a custom color. That definitely doesn't mean they won't though. Their customer service is top notch, and they'll work with you anyway they can.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
I would just call them up and see what the options are. I know they do some custom work, but haven't heard of anyone ordering a custom color. That definitely doesn't mean they won't though. Their customer service is top notch, and they'll work with you anyway they can.

I second this! I've only called twice, but both times have lead to 100% satisfaction. Call tomorrow and throw the idea out there, what's the worst that could happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
And now that I think about it... wasn't there a guy last fall that wanted a hunter orange cargo panel? He called them and needed it within the week and they got it to him. Those guys are great!

OP
T
Got official word back. They will not do one offs. I understand why but it is still incredibly disappointing.

dotman

WKR
And now that I think about it... wasn't there a guy last fall that wanted a hunter orange cargo panel? He called them and needed it within the week and they got it to him. Those guys are great!

No, they haven't done one offs or custom work for years. I think your thinking of the guy that tried and then had a custom one made by nt textiles.

Did you ask Frank if they ever made any in Wolf since it is a new bag? If so, you might be able to buy one off someone or offer to trade them by getting them a different color shipped directly to them.

OP
T
Wolf Gray is an offered option, but they are out of the Gray material until middle of next month at the soonest. I have a post up in the classifieds asking if anyone is willing to sell just the bag but I have not had anyone offer to sell one.

dotman

WKR
Wolf Gray is an offered option, but they are out of the Gray material until middle of next month at the soonest. I have a post up in the classifieds asking if anyone is willing to sell just the bag but I have not had anyone offer to sell one.

I remember when wait times where 12 weeks+ back in the day. I'd just put an order in and wait unless you really need the bag asap.

OP
T
That is essentially what I am doing, but they don't take back orders so I am just on a notification list for when they are available. I ordered the frame, lid and pockets so that so matter what happens I will be able to work with any of their bags.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Just an update on this, I called in a couple hours ago. They told me the fabric has just arrived, so they'll be starting production again soon. I think I spoke with Chris, he said it should be available to order on the website within a few days. Packs should be ready in 2-3 weeks.