Quick Woodsman vs Reckoning Question

JigStick

WKR
Im starting to like the idea of the empty area below the Woodsman bag when on a Kifaru frame. That area would be perfect to lash my Tipi / sleeping map / ground cloth / etc. And if going on a shorter hunt when I don't need those items ill have a smaller pack.

Is there any benefit at all to going with the Reckoning, and smashing those items inside the bag vs lashed to the bottom of the Woodsman?

ScottinPA

WKR
I've been considering the same thing the past few days. I'm thinking the Woodsman is the way to go for what I'm looking for: lash stuff to the bottom and add a camp bag on the load shelf for carrying in camp. Set up and drop the bottom stuff and the camp bag n hunt with a smaller day bag that can bring out a heavy load.

92xj

WKR
Just sold my 24 and bought a 26 for my woodsman. Plan on running my megatarp, quilt, bivy, stakes and pillow in a roll top pod in the gap below. Frame should be here in two weeks, I'll load it up and take pictures.

KurtR

WKR
I use side pockets for spotter and tripod and find it just as easy to put camp in the bag with the center zip on the reckoning

Jvco

FNG
The Reckoning does also have straps on the bottom to put these things, it would just ride a little lower as it doesn't have that void that the Woodsman does.

OP
JigStick

JigStick

WKR
Just sold my 24 and bought a 26 for my woodsman. Plan on running my megatarp, quilt, bivy, stakes and pillow in a roll top pod in the gap below. Frame should be here in two weeks, I'll load it up and take pictures.

this would be greatly appreciated. please keep me updated on how it works out and handles. I think with the Woodsman being a little smaller than the Reckoning....it may be easier to move with better "agility" and freedom of movement compared to lashing it under a Reckoning.