Kifaru "Echo"

I could get a few uses out of a pack like this . My 11 yr old daughter could wear it to carry her own stuff and i could use it on days i only have a few hours to hunt or at 3d shoots . I like the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks like Kifaru is making an assault pack.

As some seem unfamiliar with the style, maybe other examples will be interesting.

It's probably fair to say that the standard is the ASAP. It has, by far, the best shoulder straps. The ASAP sits firmly and comfortably on your back. Unfortunately, the latest version has some goofy design changes. The worst of which is that MR removed the center loop to hang a hydration bladder. That made the ASAP functionally useless to me.

I use the PIG gRUNT as my hiking daypack. It's not nearly as comfortable, nor stable, as the ASAP; however, it's more useful if you place a priority on a pack being hydration-compatible.

A lot of guys like the Huron ASP. I'm not crazy about the exposed expansion but I could see how it would be useful for things like collecting shed antlers. And TYR Tactical is excellent stuff. Most of my kit was designed by the owner of TYR so I'm definitely a fan of his designs.

A number of guys mention that they consider trying a Combat XII but I've never talked to anyone that actually has it. So the most I can say about it is that the Combat XII seems to have made the short list of deployment gear for a lot of Special Forces.

Assault packs fill a role similar to a civilian daypack, and aren't a new thing. I'm guessing that buck fever has just made any pack that can't haul meat beneath your notice.

brocksw

WKR
I agree. I feel like they are just making packs to make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well they are a pack company. It's kind of like saying "I swear toyota is just making cars to make them".

All kidding aside.... I think it's good Aron does this. Sure some of these ideas might miss, but some are good improvements/developments and probably help facilitate ideas for the R and D department going on in his head. I'm sure he understands that since his primary business is Packs... Then he should probably spend a lot of time developing ideas and products in the department of packs. Besides, his development has never left anyone hanging like Kuiu has numerous times. If he wants to make small packs or whatever, eff it.... Let em.

You know, if there is one person I have a hard time criticizing it's Snyder. Maybe he's a giant d-bag or something and I just don't know it. However, he's saved me a lot of money in gear purchases and experimentation not to mention taken the time to put up with some of my stupid questions while he's in the middle of hunt.

If Aron reads this... Keep building packs just for the sake of building packs and wear whatever clothing company you want.... Idgaf!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This looks like Kifaru is making an assault pack.

As some seem unfamiliar with the style, maybe other examples will be interesting.

It's probably fair to say that the standard is the ASAP. It has, by far, the best shoulder straps. The ASAP sits firmly and comfortably on your back. Unfortunately, the latest version has some goofy design changes. The worst of which is that MR removed the center loop to hang a hydration bladder. That made the ASAP functionally useless to me.

I use the PIG gRUNT as my hiking daypack. It's not nearly as comfortable, nor stable, as the ASAP; however, it's more useful if you place a priority on a pack being hydration-compatible.

A lot of guys like the Huron ASP. I'm not crazy about the exposed expansion but I could see how it would be useful for things like collecting shed antlers. And TYR Tactical is excellent stuff. Most of my kit was designed by the owner of TYR so I'm definitely a fan of his designs.

A number of guys mention that they consider trying a Combat XII but I've never talked to anyone that actually has it. So the most I can say about it is that the Combat XII seems to have made the short list of deployment gear for a lot of Special Forces.

Assault packs fill a role similar to a civilian daypack, and aren't a new thing. I'm guessing that buck fever has just made any pack that can't haul meat beneath your notice.
Thanks man!

We've had a significant amount of people ask for packs like these. It's definitely different for kifaru, but also the reason we've been asked to build them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well they are a pack company. It's kind of like saying "I swear toyota is just making cars to make them".

All kidding aside.... I think it's good Aron does this. Sure some of these ideas might miss, but some are good improvements/developments and probably help facilitate ideas for the R and D department going on in his head. I'm sure he understands that since his primary business is Packs... Then he should probably spend a lot of time developing ideas and products in the department of packs. Besides, his development has never left anyone hanging like Kuiu has numerous times. If he wants to make small packs or whatever, eff it.... Let em.

You know, if there is one person I have a hard time criticizing it's Snyder. Maybe he's a giant d-bag or something and I just don't know it. However, he's saved me a lot of money in gear purchases and experimentation not to mention taken the time to put up with some of my stupid questions while he's in the middle of hunt.

If Aron reads this... Keep building packs just for the sake of building packs and wear whatever clothing company you want.... Idgaf!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
thanks brother, happy I could help!

TubbsTru

WKR
Looks like the $&@! for scouting/running trail cameras/running light and fast. I for one am grateful for the various offerings and developments from Kifaru. Not every pack does everything equally well. And hey- winters get long and boring- I need new gear to keep me going til next hunting season!

Pardner

FNG
It'll only be weird when they start making fanny packs. . .

Actually my biggest disappointment with Kifaru lately is I just want a multicam Scout. These new packs are nice but they currently have a gaping hole in their line-up for a light load bearing lumbar pack that the Scout filled.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I'm liking the looks of this new pack as well. I've never been a fan of side water bottle pockets but I do like a pocket on the outside that I can get in and out of without going through a zipper. Looks like there might be a slip pocket just behind the expanding pocket as well.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Actually my biggest disappointment with Kifaru lately is I just want a multicam Scout. These new packs are nice but they currently have a gaping hole in their line-up for a light load bearing lumbar pack that the Scout filled.
There's a limited run coming.

RoJo

WKR
I have an old Mountainsmith "Day" model lumbar pack, from back when they still had the exterior water bottle pockets made of mesh, that is one of my most prized (and still heavily used, after all these years) pieces of gear. A multicam Kifaru lumbar pack would be hard to resist. A lumbar pack is the most comfortable thing for light day hunts, in my opinion.

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad for the greater variety in packs. It's hard to find quality made in the USA companies that make good gear all around. Once I find a solid brand like Kifaru, I tend to be pretty brand loyal. I get the most usage/mileage out of smaller packs for EDC, etc. I'm definitely looking forward to these new packs and the more designs/applications they innovate the more I'll be parted with my money.

dotman

WKR
Be kind of cool if they offered an attachable harness system for the Apollo. Even if it was as simple as just a kclip attachment at the bottom and SR buckle at the top with a simple chest strap.

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
Be kind of cool if they offered an attachable harness system for the Apollo. Even if it was as simple as just a kclip attachment at the bottom and SR buckle at the top with a simple chest strap.

+1 on that