Reckoning water pics??!!

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody got pics of how your supposed to hang water bladder and any diy mods? I rigged mine up inside, but thinking I don't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hang mine between the bag and frame like they designed it to. I think it works good. Won't have any pictures until Tuesday.. if no one else has added any by then.

Rokslide Staff

mmccolloch

Lil-Rokslider
Here's How I do it. Seems to work really well. The one thing that some people have issues with is the type of bladder that they are using. Some people have reported issues if their bladder has a water port that comes directly out of the bag into the frame, instead of coming out of the side of the bladder like the one in the photos below.

20170118_184542.jpg

20170118_184633.jpg

20170118_184932.jpg

20170118_184942.jpg

OP
time killer

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
3838936bf9deb1e3d49a32d14d15b5a3.jpg

Thanks for the pics and replies. Your right. It does ride good there. I just couldn't see it in my head.
1c41c2cc39a87a7cb1d26f72563a937f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
Isn't it supposed to just slide in the pocket between the frame and the bag on the Reckoning?
There isn't a pocket, it is only a velcro strap. When I bought it I thought there was a bladder sleeve or pocket. There is a pic below that shows it really well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
I'm looking at buying a reckoning for my bikini frame, I can't see that hanging a bladder between the frame and bag will work? Has anyone tried it?
Yeah, it works fine. There was thread earlier where people seemed split on whether they like it or not. Once I found a way to hang the bag, I got over the fact that there was not a bladder sleeve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking at buying a reckoning for my bikini frame, I can't see that hanging a bladder between the frame and bag will work? Has anyone tried it?

It works very well. I see where your coming from on the looks of it... but it does work great. And if it fails, it's not in your bag with all your gear.

--

Rokslide Staff

Sent via my iPhone Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
It works very well. I see where your coming from on the looks of it... but it does work great. And if it fails, it's not in your bag with all your gear.

--

Rokslide Staff

I'm not so sure it would work to well for what he is asking. He said for a Bikini frame where there is literally nothing but sail boat fuel between the bag and your back. I no longer have a Bikini Frame so I can't measure it, but i would say the space between the stays is at least 4 inches wide from the top of the lumbar pad to the crossbar at the top. I know the bladders I own would end up riding directly on my back and would flop through the gap every time you set the bag down or rolled it around to load or adjust anything.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not so sure it would work to well for what he is asking. He said for a Bikini frame where there is literally nothing but sail boat fuel between the bag and your back. I no longer have a Bikini Frame so I can't measure it, but i would say the space between the stays is at least 4 inches wide from the top of the lumbar pad to the crossbar at the top. I know the bladders I own would end up riding directly on my back and would flop through the gap every time you set the bag down or rolled it around to load or adjust anything.

True that. I missed the bikini frame... and I've never had one so I can't say. That would be a Snyder question.

--

Rokslide Staff

Last edited:
Back in the day.....some of us rigged short pieces of carbon arrows and paracord between the stays to keep items from coming thru.

Here's a pic to give you a general idea of what I'm describing. Used groundhog stakes and reflective cord to help highlight what it would look like.

467635fde92ff47d83edbf01d58ec4c6.jpg

Back in the day.....some of us rigged short pieces of carbon arrows and paracord between the stays to keep items from coming thru.

Here's a pic to give you a general idea of what I'm describing. Used groundhog stakes and reflective cord to help highlight what it would look like.

I have done exactly that already with a old Easton fmj.
Thanks for the replys.

b84d1b556640eb857cee47b150f27ea4.jpg

How difficult is it to access the bladder? Is it possible to get it in and out without detaching the top of the pack from the frame?

Mmomn

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I did the exact same thing and would also like to know where I could find a clip like that.

If its the G-hook your looking for they are available at milspecmonkey.com and Ebay

Gobbler36

WKR
Ahh man i dont know, was really wanting this bag because of the meat shelf and side pockets but what about packing meat between frame and bag in my head i dont know if my bladder is gonna love bein sandwiched in between