Exo Mountain Gear updated 2017 K2 frame.

twall13

WKR
will the 5500 fit on a kifaru24" hunter farmer does it need to be the 26"
I'm just guessing since I haven't actually tried it but I would say it will fit on the 24" Kifaru frame with no problem. I say that because when I put my 26" Kifaru frame side by side with my Exo frame the Kifaru is about 2" taller. So my guess is the Kifaru 24" frame is about the same height as the 25" Exo frame.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
Well the main reason I ordered it in the first place was to hike locally with weight rather than loading up the pack, but later I thought using the blaze orange version might be good in rifle season. I called EXO asking about a reversible version but they don't make one.

Am I overthinking the orange for rifle?

Nrh6.7, I just ordered the crib also but in blaze orange. I bow hunt, muzzleloader and rifle so I thought it wouldn't hurt to have the blaze orange but if you went CB, I would just wrap an extra blaze orange piece of clothing, tape, etc to your crib panel/antlers if you're worried about it.

twall13

WKR
I just ordered a blaze orange crib basically for when I am hauling meat/antlers. I own the orange aglow pack attachment for rifle season and I think either option is good. If you only plan on using the crib for pack training I wouldn't worry about the orange. The orange aglow cover is lighter for rifle season but again, both will work well.

nrh6.7

WKR
This is a great option, and only weighs 1oz vs 5.5oz for the EXO. Thanks!

I just ordered a blaze orange crib basically for when I am hauling meat/antlers. I own the orange aglow pack attachment for rifle season and I think either option is good. If you only plan on using the crib for pack training I wouldn't worry about the orange. The orange aglow cover is lighter for rifle season but again, both will work well.

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
Get the blaze orange crib for rifle hunting. People watch TV shows and see people shoot 800-1200 yards and now everybody thinks they can also shoot that far.

schmalzy

WKR
I ordered a blaze crib as well. Eagerly awaiting notification for my order to ship.

Dunky

WKR
Classified Approved
I used the orange crib on the outside of my pack last rifle season. You can also stuff a coat under it for quick grab if needed.

OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I asked when they were shipping and I was told that orders would go out sometime in march....

twall13

WKR
Ya a few days ago when I placed my order Steve said the ranger green 2000 bags were in stock and the 5500 bags would be available in a week or so. I was inquiring about the bags only so I don't know if that makes a difference. My order included both bags so I expect it will all ship together later this month.

Yeah, I only ask because it looks like the new 3500s are in stock and ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
I ordered mine at the Hunt Expo in SLC two weeks ago. I am anxiously awaiting mine as well. Can't wait for it to get here. Kind of reminds me of that old "Mervyn's" commercial. The huge crowd was waiting outside the glass doors saying "Open, open, open". I am so ready for mine to get here so I can load it up and do some hiking.

FH

I will be testing a 3500 this year which should be fun. Ordered it up a couple days ago.

Nice! I just sold my 2016 Exo k2 2000 set-up after watching the new upgrades they made. I'm going to go with the new 3500 in CB. I'm glad they beefed up the hip belt and added a designated water bladder sleeve. I also like the roll top design and I'm looking forward to the water proof dry bag insertion that could be used as just a dry bag attached to the pack or in between the frame for extended trips. The one of many things that I like about Exo compared to other companies, is they get to the point with their design, rather than some companies who try and get cute with extra unnecessary bullshit. It's simple, durable and functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk