Exo Mountain Gear updated 2017 K2 frame.

To anyone bouncing the idea of a 3500 vs 5500, go with the 5500. They are very similar in size and for the amount of space you gain, the downsides are minimal.

I bought a 3500 in August of 2015 and wish I would have went with the 5500.

Firehawk

WKR
Post a few pics if you can. I really wanted to order the Ranger, but since I run mostly ASAT, I stuck with the Coyote Brown.

Here are a few pictures, but I don't know how to rotate them. On my computer they are the correct direction. I must be more computer illiterate than I realized. Doh!!

WIN_20170321_17_39_00_Pro.jpgWIN_20170321_17_39_49_Pro.jpgWIN_20170321_17_41_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20170321_17_42_04_Pro.jpg

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Here are a few pictures, but I don't know how to rotate them. On my computer they are the correct direction. I must be more computer illiterate than I realized. Doh!!

View attachment 48785View attachment 48786View attachment 48787View attachment 48788

Looks great! How many days are you planning on getting out of yours? I ordered a 3500 as well and it plan to get a week out of it. Looks plenty big enough from your pictures. I guess you can always float the lid up high and fill up the roll top.

Firehawk

WKR
Looks great! How many days are you planning on getting out of yours? I ordered a 3500 as well and it plan to get a week out of it. Looks plenty big enough from your pictures. I guess you can always float the lid up high and fill up the roll top.

I figure I can easily get 3-4 days, but I tend to pack a lot of stuff. Food especially. :D

OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my shipping notification from Exo that my 5500 shipped today. Should be here on Monday.

nazarow

FNG
Just got notification today on my birthday! Exo Ranger green 5500 is on its way with all the extras.

colersu22

WKR
That's a great birthday present, before the ranger green was released I was set on getting a 5500 in coyote to compliment my 2000 but now I think ill go ranger green but my pack is going to look like a mess of colors.

Iltasyuko

FNG
If anyone has pics of coyote brown Exo packs, it would be great to see them. Just seems pics from people posted on here give a more real idea of color compared to the Exo www site.

Jaysop

Lil-Rokslider
Do these frames tend to hug right to your back or hang back a little bit kind of like a osprey backpacking pack?
It sucks not being able to try these things on.

twall13

WKR
The Exo packs aren't curved like the Kifaru frame so it gives a bit more breathing room on most people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
My 5500 came yesterday, really happy with the new design features. The new roll top is the best part, really helps with the daypack conversion because you no longer need to take the lid with you. Side access to the stretch pocket is handy too. Belt was good before but I like it even better now with the curved top. I need to put more weight in it to do some testing. Great job Steve and Lenny.

My 5500 came yesterday, really happy with the new design features. The new roll top is the best part, really helps with the daypack conversion because you no longer need to take the lid with you. Side access to the stretch pocket is handy too. Belt was good before but I like it even better now with the curved top. I need to put more weight in it to do some testing. Great job Steve and Lenny.

I'll be ordering a k2 5500 soon. Had the k2 2000 from last year and recently sold it because I really like the upgrades they made for 2017. I'm looking forward to the improved hip belt. It looks much beefier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Okay gang, I just received my EXO K2000 in Coyote. I had originally ordered a K2000 in Ranger but I had to email Steve and change color because the wife and I are headed to southwest Utah this weekend for our anniversary and we were planning on camping and doing some hiking and photography and the Ranger wouldn't be ready in time. Steve was able to get me this pack to me. Thanks Steve!! Any way I wanted to try it out before we head out, so I filled up two Nalgene's a 3litre bladder and some of the stuff I would normally carry with me while out hunting. I wont go into detail about the stuff I carry just yet. I weighed the pack and it came out right at thirty pounds. I took a walk behind my house, there is a series of trails and if you take the long way it comes out just under a mile up and down hill. After getting every thing adjusted I set out to see how it would feel. At this point I am quite pleased with this pack, I will do some more serious testing this coming weekend.

nazarow

FNG
Have received my order of Exo ranger green frame, bag and extras last Monday. Super impressed with the fit and how light it is. Itching to get out and test it out in the mountains. Can't say enough about how easy it is to get ahold of and deal with Steve.