Exo Mountain Gear updated 2017 K2 frame.

svivian

WKR
I don't remember exactly but I'm the second rung from maxing out the adjustment on the shoulder harness. I don't get as much lift as other options out there but I'm also not packing 100lbs every time I go out.

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Okay thanks, I have a 23 '' torso, I just went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a K2000 knowing that I'm not going to have a perfect pack as far as size goes but I probably wont be packing an Elk out for more than a couple of miles max.

The 2017 upgrades allow for more lift for the longer torsos. They added some more loops to the frames where you can adjust the height even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
I don't think you will get more lift since they are only adding more loops for adjustability and not adding height to the frame itself.

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
The 2017 upgrades allow for more lift for the longer torsos. They added some more loops to the frames where you can adjust the height even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spoke with Steve about it and I pretty much out of luck when it comes to a taller frame. Some day I will probably end up getting a Kifaru frame. But for the short term I think I will be okay with it the way it is.:)

svivian

WKR
I've carried 80 lbs on a couple float tube trips with my exo and packed a bull out with each trip being about 80-100 and I never felt like I needed a taller frame. I was very comfortable packing 3 miles each way.

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
I've carried 80 lbs on a couple float tube trips with my exo and packed a bull out with each trip being about 80-100 and I never felt like I needed a taller frame. I was very comfortable packing 3 miles each way.
Thanks that's good to know I will get a bag of salt and try it out when it comes in, either way I think I will be happy.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how the new belt is on these, i think that may have been the one unattractive thing for me with a exo...
i think they make a top notch pack, lenny and steve seem like great guys, and are passionate about what they do,,, and plenty of people love them, but the belt always looked uncomfortable to me, I'm sure its not, it just didn't look as comfortable as the kifaru belt...
i need to order that new 5500 in ranger green.

kennyt

FNG
I ordered the 5500 in ranger green last week. Looking forward to getting some weiyin it and hitting the hills.

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
Wasatchcomm...I'm with you as well. I don't care for the belt on the EXO packs. I like the pack but I swapped out the belt for an HPG prairie belt. I swap out bear spray, handgun, bottle holders, accessory bags, and knives on the belt depending on what the occasion calls for. Much more secure attachments with the webbing on the prairie belt. If the 2017 belt is any better I may look into getting one.

IdahoElk

WKR
Wasatchcomm...I'm with you as well. I don't care for the belt on the EXO packs. I like the pack but I swapped out the belt for an HPG prairie belt. I swap out bear spray, handgun, bottle holders, accessory bags, and knives on the belt depending on what the occasion calls for. Much more secure attachments with the webbing on the prairie belt. If the 2017 belt is any better I may look into getting one.

Do you have a picture by chance?

OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the second they were up in ranger green for 5500s and haven't heard a thing.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Email from Exo said that I would be getting my 2017 K2 frame in foliage in late March.