Three bar sliders

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Ive never actually seen any instruction on these thought I'd get the official opinion from everyone. What is the correct way to slide these through. For example on my belt pockets I have the top 2 sliders coming from the bottom of the molle and out the top. And the bottom 2 sliders coming from the top and out the bottom of the molle. Do y'all do it opposite? All out through the top? All out through the bottom? However they work the easiest? What about the 2 sliders on the bottom of the bag that go to the frame?

Anyone know how many molles you skip between sliders on each type of pocket? On my water bottle holder I had 1 skipped between sliders and that didn't look right so I put them next to each other? On my large belt pocket I've skipped 4.

I know it's probably trivial and may not matter, but being my first pack I want to be one of the "cool" kids that looks like he knows what he's dong. Even if I don't.

Side note maybe I misunderstood but I thought the markhor had a seen in "meat shelf"? I have searched all the seam lines and can't find it. Am I mistaken? Is this only the other 2 packs (argali tahr)?

kodiakfly

WKR
I attach them however they stay in the best. And by stay in, I mean that there's just a bit of tension holding them in and not sitting sloppy. On some belts, it's in from the outside, up to the inside, some it's all in from the top...just however it holds securely.

fatrascal

WKR
It's all up to you on how you use the 3 bar slider. That's what the versatility is about. It's all up to you.
I cannot answer about the meat shelf but was wondering the same thing about the Argali. Fatrascal

Dobermann

WKR
I now have no idea which video it is, but recently watched one where Aron says the 3-bar sliders on the Kifaru pockets can go in from the top down or bottom-up - doesn't matter.

Also remember in one video, he suggests how many webbing loops to space them apart, but that might have only been for one size of pouch. Check out the pouch video as a starting point.

And no, the Markhor does not have a load shelf. The Q&A section on Kifaru's page answers that, as well has how to effectively create one.