Kifaru 22" frame question

Hmmm. Not sure if it is what you mean but I have a woodsman on a 22 inch frame. Works fine. Not as much lift as a taller frame. More compact on your back.

I'm soley running the 22" frame now. The larger bags will "work" just fine on the frame. There are caveats though.

Since the larger bag is ~3-4 inches longer than the frame, you have two options.

Option 1- Let it hang. The bottom of the bag will just hang
Option 2- Attach the 3 bar sliders at the bottom of the bag to the frame. This will cause the bag to crunch up a bit in between the top and bottom, but not a big deal.

I'd be nice to have a deeper bag for the 22" frame. I doubt it will happen though.

Another option is the camp bag (4800 ci).

OP
S
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of picking up a 22" frame for my wife. She has a 15" torso and would like the 22" for the comfort of day hunting. She is also needing a bag large enough for 7 days or so of gear.

oldgoat

WKR
You can do a cargo panel with dry bag and lid. I'm probably going to get my wife a Woodsman for her 22", and like usual i will figure out how to get what she can't!

As I have commented elsewhere, you could stretch a woodsman to 7 days with a camp bag on the meat shelf. I might not be the best carry but it could work for a pack in.

I am 6'2" but run my woodsman on a 22" frame for a compact framed day pack that can haul meat.

oldgoat

WKR
As I have commented elsewhere, you could stretch a woodsman to 7 days with a camp bag on the meat shelf. I might not be the best carry but it could work for a pack in.

I am 6'2" but run my woodsman on a 22" frame for a compact framed day pack that can haul meat.

You could do this and so could i, but it's precious few women that can! Makes the weight too far out and awkward!

Regarding the dry bag/cargo panel: I'm actually considering a camp bag with the new 'native' bag from Kifaru.

Use the tab loops on the side of the native to run straps back to the frame and compress the camp bag. You could also run the native as a lid to the camp bag.

Get to camp, drop the camp bag. Or remove the native as a stand-alone. All depends on if you need the frame or not.

OP
S
thanks guys, I think i can make the woodsman work if i add a guide lid and a few pockets.