Any love for the duplex timberline 1???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see many people talking about this pack.

I'm thinking of getting it on a 26" frame.

Anybody use this set up?

I have the Timberline 1 with the internal frame. Works good for me and i picked up for less then $400!

aion2come

WKR
Have a DT1 and there is lots to like. The one drawback for me is that I wish the main bag had a few more inches of circumference. If I had to do it over, I'd do the AMR with side pockets strapped on if needed.

bbrown

WKR
Still my favorite bag they offer (Reckoning is a very close 2nd) - great pocket layout and size for everything from day trips to 7+ days. If a guy could have only 1 bag the DT1 is very tough to beat.

Gumbo

WKR
Have a DT1 and there is lots to like. The one drawback for me is that I wish the main bag had a few more inches of circumference. If I had to do it over, I'd do the AMR with side pockets strapped on if needed.

That is exactly why I chose the AMR over the Timberline 1. I think a combo of the two would be perfect.

DT1 w/ hunter frame.... been using it for 3 seasons and I don't see it going anywhere. Great set up and fits my needs

mfolch

WKR
I've had one for four or five years--can't remember when it came out, but it's g1 and I got it when they were first released. I've bought and sold over a dozen packs since then--maybe two dozen--and have never found any reason to sell the dt1. That said, I also have a tahr, and I prefer its minimalist approach. If I didn't have a dt1, I think I would be perfectly satisfied with an argali plus side pockets when needed.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a DT1 when they 1st came out and I see no reason to change. I'm sure some of the other packs are also really nice, but I'm not switching anytime soon.

The DT1 is one I haven't tried but has always been on my list. It would have been my first choice but the EMR-II came out right when I was going to get the DT1 and it changed my mind. I'll get a DT1 someday and try it out. There's a reason it's still in the Kifaru lineup.

dotman

WKR
The DT1 is one I haven't tried but has always been on my list. It would have been my first choice but the EMR-II came out right when I was going to get the DT1 and it changed my mind. I'll get a DT1 someday and try it out. There's a reason it's still in the Kifaru lineup.

I wonder if it'll be discontinued at some point with the push towards their newer offerings. I would of got one if the offered it in ranger green but I'm really happy with the mountain warrior. I had a T1 back when they first came out but sold it, it was great but in my quest to try a ton of options I seem to be on it had to go.

I like the DT line. I've had all three and am down to just the DT1 ( and a nomad ). I wish I had hung onto the DT3 as well, it was a great day and 2 or 3 day trip bag. I like how clean they are, not as strap happy as some of their bags yet you're still able to suck your load down tight.

I run a DT1 with guide lid. It's plenty for long trips and then some. Packs down small enough for me for the day trip mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk