Tahr Loaded

Been hiking around with this Tahr loaded at 33 lbs. Decided to stuff it with everything needed for my 5-7 day hunt.
It was able to hold all my gear, definitely testing the stitching on this Tahr.

I cant believe I got everything in it. My 6L bladder is well over half full as well. Still have room to cram in more protein bars, tuna, stove top and instant potatoes plus jerkey and Mtn Ops items, chap stick, sun block, maybe some trash bags for meat submersion if needed.

Set at 43 lbs right now
I almost pulled the trigger on the AMR thinking the Tahr wouldn't fit all my stuff- still cant believe this little pack holds every thing
I added 2 spotters to the side pals webbing and 2 large pouches to the front of the pack and a guide lid and one small pouch to the belt to have enough space.

Redcliffe tent and stakes and rope, LO 18" stove & pipe, 0 degree bag, Klymit pad, neotherm pillow, Tyvek floor, jet boil stove with 2 small fuel cans, iso lantern , 5 days of food, extra underwear, socks and pants, long under wear bottoms, rain coat, puffy, emergency kit, kill kit with bomb bags, lantern, water filter pump, steripen, aqua mira 2 part mix, Garmin GPS, bear spray, 10 mm, wind checker, flag tape, calls, TP, small tarp, possibles pouch, trek poles, elk decoy, 8000 mah btty charger and chords, 2 head lamps, face paint and cleaner, trioxane, flint, lighter, 2 knives ( one for camp the other for field dressing), body wash and shampoo, toob, small towel.

I may have forgotten to mention something, but it is close.

I am trying the iso lantern this year. It may be all that is needed to warm the tent for archery and offer light. That's why I have 2 cans of fuel and not just the one. I believe the tipi is too big for the little lantern to heat, but we will see.

I am new to Idaho so I have spray and a 10 mm. After this year I will asses which one I want.

After viewing this pic it looks like I need to raise the shoulder straps back up. I had dropped them a bit under 30 lbs and with the belt riding higher than normal. But now at full weight and the belt down , the straps appear to be to tight on the shoulders.

Attachments

• tahr loaded.jpg
    tahr loaded.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 221

ianpadron

WKR
That's a good looking setup amigo! Where'd ya find a 6L bladder?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Amazon -MSR Drom bag and I got the adapter kit that allows the hose to hook up to its bottom big screw on cap. Then I got the katadyn in line adapter so I can quick connect and disconnect for filling thru my pump.

OP
mfllood3800
I kept the guide lid soley for food. That way I can hang the whole set up each day away from varmits and such.
I utilized the 2 large pouches down the front for kill kit, bomb bags etc. Items that will remain when I reduce this down for day hunt mode.
The spotters on the sides hold the tent poles, stove pipe and body plus other pieces of debris.

I will be carrying in my bino harness, another knife, head lamp, flag tape, wind checker, fire items, emerg blanket, bino and range finder. I hunted this system in AZ for mule deer and works "Ok" I ditched the straps holding the binos and range finder as they were too cumbersome, just easier for me to put these back in their location.

OP
mfllood3800
I will often put items in my cart @ Amazon, and if it isn't a deal price, I will leave there and wait for it to go down. They will send you notification on this, it is like Amazon shops for you. It also notifies you that it increased too.

I saw the Delorme on there for $369 and then it dropped to $300. I missed out on it as I was trying to read the comments on here about merging, updates and new models. By the time I got back to it, the price went back up about $50

Waited and waited for Bomb bags to come available and ended up finding them here on Rokslide for $10 cheaper than any where else.
I thought this site sold the kill kit as a complete item, glad I was able to get it here to help support this site