Meat Packing in Style

Last year I contacted Jim at Jimmy Tarps and had him make me a custom meat carry bag which I used and loved. Later, I had Jim build me a slightly sturdier bag out of 500D brown packcloth and a silpoly collar with drawcord closure. The system works to perfection on the shelf between pack bag and frame on my MR Pintler. Still, I wanted a load sling because sometimes I am just packing meat load after meat load and don't want or need the pack bag. I was about to make one for myself but then noticed Rokslide had a new sponsor in Rugged Stitch. I contacted Adam at RS and after some consultation he made the sling to my exact specs. I received it today and it fits my pack-frame perfectly. I loaded up the Jimmy Meat Bag and gave it a trial run. Here are some details and images:

Mystery Ranch Guide Light frame showing custom load sling by Rugged Stitch.

Close up of Rugged Stitch load sling. Body is 2-layer 500D packcloth in foliage with 1" coyote brown webbing.

Custom meat packing bag I had made by Jim Dean at Jimmy Tarps, showing equivalent 90 pound meat load.

Loaded to pack, showing conventional strap usage. I wanted to use Autoloc buckles as they really hold loads securely.

Side view loaded. I purposely had the sling body built wide for good wrap around the load.

Bottom view. The lower webbing really helps support and manage the load shape.

Top view.

OP
Kevin Dill
Top and bottom traps can be crossed if preferred according to load and the need to manage it.

OP
Kevin Dill
That's it for images. Really nice work by Rugged Stitch and Jimmy Tarps. Kudo to Mystery Ranch for my most comfortable pack ever.

Are you packin' in style?

charvey9

WKR
Very cool. If only I had the dilemma of packing load after load after load of meat, I might get myself a dedicated meat hauler also.