Kifaru Woodsman

Has anyone tried the woodsman? I am interested in seeing it fully loaded (snow collar maxed out) with a lid. Seems like a good size for me. I do lots of day hunting as well as some extended over nights. I was running a KUIU 3000 and 6000 last year. Seemed to use the 3000 more often. Thoughts?

Search around this forum. There are a few threads on them.

I have one mounted on a 22 inch frame that I used as a day pack with meat hauler capability. Great pack pack. Love the access zipper. The collar / lid is very functional. I haven't run the collar fully loaded or really weighed the pack down. The pack bag is narrow and the load would be fairly tall if you maxed it out. Lots of potential for sway since it would not be anchored to the frame. A lid would help but I think this would be best used as a sometimes application. There are better packs to handle those types of loads on a consistent basis.

Some of the other guys are running them on taller frames and using a pod or bed roll under the pack against the hip belt to handle overflow gear.

If I were going to use mine for a longer trip, I might put a camp bag or dry sack on the meat shelf and then dump that when I got to my camp and use the woodsman as my day pack. I haven't gone live with this idea but tested it with a 5 gallon water can here in my hood.

I haven't fully loaded mine to the top of the collar yet, but with two large side pockets I think I could do at least a week, probably more. I don't get into the upper collar with 3 days of UL gear at all. It compresses like a trash compactor! When I get my Native I'll take some pics of it loaded to the top of the collar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a Kifaru Woodsman on a 26" frame. If you live close to the west metro, maybe we could meetup and you could test it out/look it over.