Belt Sizing

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, got to ask this question and am pretty sure of the answers. Im fairly new here so hello to all! Im looking for a Good pack an frame combo and have been lurking around to see whats available. One thing I noticed everyone (exaggeration) seems to have a 32" or 30" waist, good for you, BUT are there any other bigger....I mean huskier fellas out there that can chime in on their experience or opinions. I'm 6'3 and 250lbs running around a 38-40 on the waist. What are my options.....I know I know...gym membership but I mean as far as packs go. I plan on being down to a 30" waist right after I split my lottery winnings with the Sasquatch I saw wrestling a chupacabra but am sure Hunting season is going to happen first and I'd like to purchase before then.

ljalberta

WKR
The most highly recommended packs (Stone Glacier/Kifaru/Exo/MR/SO) are all available with different belt sizes. Most belts it seems can be swapped out on the frame. For example, Kifaru has a belt specifically for 39"+ waists.

oldgoat

WKR
^^^^^^ this! Yep get a high end pack like Kifaru and if your weight goes up or down you can simply change the belt literally in seconds and be back in the game

Whats very scary is if you actually measure your waste...everything i wear is a 38-40 waste size in pants.. i just measured... and it was 44... turns out all clothing manufactures lie to us to make us feel better. It is actually the industry standard... i had no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big guy as well. But fall close between sizes. Large is my belt. But if I were to shed just a little it may bottom out. Kifaru will make in-between sizes. Instead of a medium OR a large. They would make you a MARGE (medium/large) for a better fit. I currently use Seek Outside packs and wear a large belt.

oldgoat

WKR
Kifaru sells what you need as well as the other top end pack companies. Call them up, give them your stats and what you plan to do with it and go from there! There's some good deals on the classifieds that can save you a few bucks, but for as much as the used frames go for, you might as well buy a new one and it will come pretty damn close to dialed in, and then save some money buying used bags and pockets. If you aren't familiar with them already, I suggest you watch all the gritty Bowmen podcasts on packs and gear before you buy anything. Also remember these packs are built to order generally so you can't wait till the last minute to order because it takes a few weeks. Gritty Bowmen

I started with large belts on both my Kifaru and Exo packs and am now running smalls on both. Get the pack you want that fit well. You can easily swap out belts later as needed.

OP
G

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys for the replies. I thought for sure not everyone was a small belt size. I like the idea of trading out belts for fit, perhaps I can go from a large to a Medium at some point but for now I'll stick with the large. Guess I need to find a Duplex, Xcurve or Nice frame and go from there.

dukhunt

FNG
I have a SG large. I'm 6'4" and 225. There is plenty room to spare. I also have a history of chronic back pain L4-L5 herniated disc. This pack is awesome for me. I can easily control the weight on my shoulders and hips.