Kifaru frame size?

whitingja

WKR
I know this has been talked about, but I can't find the post. I'm getting ready to buy a hunter frame and am wondering what is the best size to go with? I'm 5 10, 180lbs. I've heard some say go taller for more options, thus the 26 inch. I can always adjust it down. But is this too tall? I will be carrying some heavy loads of meat. Anyone have any experience here? Thanks.

twall13

WKR
Your torso length is a much more relevant number than your height. Most guys can get by with a 24" frame just fine but if you have a longer torso the 26" is very nice, especially with heavy loads. My take is if your torso is 20" or longer the 26" frame is probably the better route.
Generally speaking, 26" frames are slightly easier to resale but I honestly wouldn't let that sway your decision one way or the other. Give Kifaru a call or shoot them an email and they can aid in your decision.

I'm about your size and assuming our torsos are close I will say this. I have a 26'' Hunter frame and a 24'' Bikini and with the 24'' I don't get a much lift. With the 26'' I do sometimes get a little frustrated with the height of the frame sticking up to far when day hunting in thick stuff and I also don't find it comfortable to adjust it down. Something about the waist belt is for me uncomfortable when I let it ride down.

Hope this helps.