Kifaru or Exo

I've used and have owned both. If you stay at 30 to 40 lbs the Exo works great.I loved it in that weight range. Anything over that its Kifaru all the way. I'm 6'4", 212lbs and the Kifaru 26' frame works great for me.
Hope that helps.
Mark

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used both, just Kifaru, but I can see why some would say Exo wins in the day pack category. Seems like I could be carrying nothing to 20 pounds, and the Kifaru bag feels nearly the same (a bit heavy). However, as the weights get heavier into the bivy pack region, the pack doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it is. One of my hunting partners last year had an aluminum external frame pack that just looked bulky. He is a year-round runner and in pretty good shape, but I crushed him on the hikes (we are in similar shape). When we were stopped, he went down and picked up my pack, thinking it was going to be way lighter than his. In actuality, it was much heavier than his! I feel like the huge lumbar support makes me stand up straight, activating the biggest muscles in my legs, helping me last much longer under a heavy load.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned both and sold the Exo, use the Kifaru Tactical. As a fella with a large chest/shoulders, the Kifaru is a way better choice. The Exo is designed for skinny dudes imo.