Kifaru belt on Exo Frame???

Squirrels

WKR
Can it be done?
Anyone have the ability that has both care to check?
I can do some moding if necessary

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Still curious about this????????? Surely someone has both frames and give it a fit test

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I picked up a belt form the classifieds, soon as it arrives I will take some pics and post them.

charvey9

WKR
Was swapping bags today, so here are some pictures. The other nice thing about this setup is that the shoulder straps attach to the Kifaru belt instead of the frame. So you gain an extra set of compression straps attached to the frame to use for bulky/heavy loads.

20180327_134031.jpg

20180327_134058.jpg

LostArra

WKR
Was swapping bags today, so here are some pictures. The other nice thing about this setup is that the shoulder straps attach to the Kifaru belt instead of the frame. So you gain an extra set of compression straps attached to the frame to use for bulky/heavy loads.

View attachment 69481

View attachment 69482

I'm not up to date on Kifaru belts. I've had an old Omni and a duplex. What belt is in your photos? Thanks for pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Is there much of a difference running the shoulder straps off the belt or the frame?

Is that a small belt pouch on the right hand side?

Kurtm2323

FNG
How does the belt feel once the pack get above 60 Ibs? I love my Exo pack/frame, but the belt just seems to dig into my hips and wants to slide down. Have been thinking about trying this out for awhile now.

charvey9

WKR
Kifaru has the best belt hand down for comfort, and the molle loops provide more options and are more secure than just the belt webbing.

A friend of mine made the belt pouches for me, but got the sizing from Kifaru. I think it is the equivalent of a small pouch.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, Duplex belt ordered. Now for Exo to get the K2 frames back in stock so I can replace my 2015 frame. Thanks for the heads up on this, I think this will come pretty close to exactly what I want in a pack.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR

View attachment 69481

View attachment 69482

Are you using the straps on the EXO frame to attach the shoulder straps or the ones off the Kifaru belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
In the second picture you can see he used the straps off the Kifaru belt to the EXO shoulder straps, looks like the other set of straps that would run to the Kifaru frame or the buckles on a Kifaru bag appear to be draped across the lower part of the frame. I wish I would have tried this on my EXO frame since my only gripe was the belt on my 2015 frame but I talked to Steve at EXO and they have added more padding and made the belt wider on the K2 to make it more comfortable and wrap around your waist better.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
In the second picture you can see he used the straps off the Kifaru belt to the EXO shoulder straps, looks like the other set of straps that would run to the Kifaru frame or the buckles on a Kifaru bag appear to be draped across the lower part of the frame. I wish I would have tried this on my EXO frame since my only gripe was the belt on my 2015 frame but I talked to Steve at EXO and they have added more padding and made the belt wider on the K2 to make it more comfortable and wrap around your waist better.

Yep I see it now that you’ve pointed it out, thanks. I have 2017 EXO belt, and while not bad it’s just not as good for me as the Kifaru. I’m going to sew a patch of Velcro on the Kifaru belt like the EXO belt has to match it up nice and secure it in there.

colersu22

WKR
I don't know if they fit but you might be able to put the end of the titanium frame in the stay pockets on the Kifaru belt.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I don't know if they fit but you might be able to put the end of the titanium frame in the stay pockets on the Kifaru belt.

Don’t believe that will work based on the titanium frame being inside the frame sleeve in combination of how the lumbar pad sleeve and frame sleeve are sewn. Hard to explain but if you had your hands on you would see it immediately.

Did you get a chance to try this out with your new Duplex belt? I bought a duplex off the Classifieds because of this thread.although ive never had a problem with the EXO belt Im hoping the Kifaru belt is as good as advertised!!