? on Kifaru Gen 1 and 2 Duplex Frames

78mac78

FNG
Sorry guys couldn't narrow down an answer although I am sure it is posted somewhere. What year did the gen 2 frames come out? Looking at used 2014 frame and wasn't sure what generation it would be.

Thanks!

This can get really confusing, given the history of the duplex frames. What do you believe "gen 2" means?

OP

78mac78

FNG
Well to be honest I thought there were just 2 gen's on the duplex frames but being new to the whole game with a whole 3 months of starting to look into this stuff I am open to hearing thoughts and information. I guess my question is what is the newest duplex frame from kifaru and going back to 2014 how many versions old would that be? Thank you.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked Frank. Current is Gen 2 Duplex. There was the internal Timberline as well, prior. Frank didn't know, but is looking right now.

oldgoat

WKR
I thought I remembered reading that gen 1 duplex has two Delta straps and gen 2 has one and now we have Hunting Frame not a duplex, but I'm over fifty and my memory is sketchy at best and who knows if what I read was correct, it was on the internet!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Gen 1 frame has the little triangle non slip on the lumbar gen 2 has it half covered. What I call gen 3(latest version) is the redesign of the entire frame to what it is today. Gen 2 also has more connections points on the frame over gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I believe there was a Gen 1 and two versions of the Gen 2, the last one having 4 tabs sticking out 1-2 inches from the frame and now the Hunter and UL frame for the "Gen 3".
Of course this is all just theory until mrbillbrown replies 😄.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I believe there was a Gen 1 and two versions of the Gen 2, the last one having 4 tabs sticking out 1-2 inches from the frame and now the Hunter and UL frame for the "Gen 3".
Of course this is all just theory until mrbillbrown replies 😄.

Wonder where he learned it =) :rolleyes:

Cant take all the Credit Bill's a smart guy and has done his homework. Proud of him =) especially for a flatlander.

You guys are gonna make me blush.... wouldn't be the treasure trove of useless information that I am without solid mentors and way too many hours spent researching gear and good deals