MR Cabinet or Pintler

muddydogs

WKR
In hindsight I think I would have liked the Pintler bag over the Cabinet. The Cabinet is a nice bag and the hauling feature is easer to use then the Pintler but for day to day use the side pockets flopping around every time the compression straps are loosened is kind of a pain. For lesser used items I'm always hunting through pockets trying to remember if I put what ever in the left or right pocket or did I decide that it would be better in the front pockets. If MR starts selling just there bags I'm sure I will be purchasing the Pintler.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
Well I really only used it as a daypack this weekend. Hauling a tripod, spotter, 12x binos (8x in harness), butt cushion, jacket, food, tarp, and some other random crap. I do have to say that for a scouting/day pack it is perfect. I didn't see any elk so I never stayed out a night but I wouldn't see any problem using it for a 2-3 day pack. I think the big thing I noticed is that with this pack size you really only have room for the needs and none of the wants. I think that is a very good thing!

muddydogs

WKR
Ya well we will see if its next year or the year after, they took long enough to get the packs out this year and they still have a problem with the larger waist belt sizing.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind, MR has a host of great retailers all over the country that can help you out with pack availability. Check out Schnees, BlackOvis, Scheels, Mountain Archery, etc. for the packs. Lots of options to get one.
Also, having used MR packs for years, I would recommend to size down in waistbelt measurements; I am a 34" waist, and I wear a Medium, which covers a 29-34" waist size. And it goes with out saying to ensure your overall sizing is correct, meaning torso length as well as waist measurement.
Happy hunting...

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone got any updates if MR got some new Hunting line packs finally shipped to the US? Is it on its way to various back ordered retail stores?
thanks

Bigtex

FNG
I talked with MR yesterday and they said that it should be a couple of weeks and that many of the large online distributors will get bags in stock before MR does directly. ...we'll see.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
OpticsPlanet didn't get their delivery this week.
Maybe it'll be next month shipment then