NOMAD II is finally up @ Kifaru

The old Nomad had the tab loops on the interior sides where you could run straps inside to hold a load. You just had to pull a strap or two off and move them to the inside or add extra straps to your kit.

LBFowler

WKR
Not want to b*tch the prices they end-up with,i just think there is not much fabric in this nomad bag VS their other bags.Anyway i really like the new design,the too many straps from the original Nomad was the reason i never bought it.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Fabric is probably the cheapest part of most packs. When you think about it they basically have to sew two separate packs and then a panel to hold them together, the sewing time on packs is probably some kind of log scale where 80L packs only take a small amount of extra time over a 20L pack, so at American wages two smaller packs will always cost more (holding complexity constant).

Certainly looks better then the original Nomad in a lot of ways, I bet rather then a massive complex scabbard though you could just hang a gun bearer off of the PALS field and carry a rifle that way.

reaper

WKR
Fabric is probably the cheapest part of most packs. When you think about it they basically have to sew two separate packs and then a panel to hold them together, the sewing time on packs is probably some kind of log scale where 80L packs only take a small amount of extra time over a 20L pack, so at American wages two smaller packs will always cost more (holding complexity constant).

Certainly looks better then the original Nomad in a lot of ways, I bet rather then a massive complex scabbard though you could just hang a gun bearer off of the PALS field and carry a rifle that way.
Yep,i know all of this already,i do a lot of sewing myself.I think the newest design looks "easier" to sew,2 long pockets with a sleeve and a panel with the hypalon,its new so its expensive haha!!Can't wait to see a video now!!!

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

WKR
That's funny, looks exactly like my frankenpack set up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
I think the biggest change in the new Nomad and EMR is that the straps now run under the wing pockets instead of around the outside. This will allow you to access the contents of the wings without having to unbuckle everything. Here's a usage example. Let's say you are hauling a load of meat out (or in my case a packraft) and you have everything strapped in. With the old style, you would have to undo those compression straps to get to anything in those wings. This new design appears to allow you to access anything in those wings while still leaving your main bag contents securely strapped in.

I just looked at the Kifaru site and the photos there don't really show what I was talking about above really. But, you can see the tab loops on the edges of the wings where you can move the straps so they don't compress the wing pockets. It was easier to see on the EMR III photos on Kifaru's facebook page.

I assume they run behind the wings with use of K clips attached to the tab loops and then the straps run through the k clips as well? Anybody know? All I see it tab loops, don't see loops to thread straps through.

The old Nomad had the tab loops on the interior sides where you could run straps inside to hold a load. You just had to pull a strap or two off and move them to the inside or add extra straps to your kit.

My nomad has them on the inside seam towards the frame but I was referring to the tab loops on the outside edge of the batwing away from the seam closest to the frame. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazywednesday

Lil-Rokslider
Just when I thought I had conquered my pack obsession Kifaru came along. 3 Kifaru packs to the collection now. Unfortunately I will have to buy this pack, but the good news is someone is going to get a good deal on my old Nomad. I really liked the old nomad, but there was a couple of things i thought needed improvement access wise. Damn those full length zippers. Damn all that extra webbing in the middle. Damn the tabs for running the straps inside the tubes. Damn Ranger green. Damn Kifaru for taking my money. Damn myself for not being content with what I own. This is beginning to feel as forced on me as the ACA. Just kidding, I realize this one is a choice and maybe my analogy has gone a bit too far. Hopefully they dont start making vertical side pockets or spotting scope pockets with full length zippers.

Justin

Last edited:
Hopefully they dont start making vertical side pockets or spotting scope pockets with full length zippers.
In a couple of the nomad II videos, you can see in the background what looks like a pair of coyote brown side pockets with vertical zippers :cool:

Instagram @kifaruintl and on grittybowmen YouTube channel. And now Kifaru YouTube's channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WKR
Just please make one more pair of long pockets for me and I'll be happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure thats just a new nomad in coyote, you can see the tails coming down from it, but i could be wrong.

Frank confirmed it's just a Nomad not on a frame, but he hasn't said anything. I think he likes to just sit back and see what conspiracy theories y'all come up with.

Kotaman

WKR
Just when I thought I had conquered my pack obsession Kifaru came along. 3 Kifaru packs to the collection now. Unfortunately I will have to buy this pack, but the good news is someone is going to get a good deal on my old Nomad. I really liked the old nomad, but there was a couple of things i thought needed improvement access wise. Damn those full length zippers. Damn all that extra webbing in the middle. Damn the tabs for running the straps inside the tubes. Damn Ranger green. Damn Kifaru for taking my money. Damn myself for not being content with what I own. This is beginning to feel as forced on me as the ACA. Just kidding, I realize this one is a choice and maybe my analogy has gone a bit too far. Hopefully they dont start making vertical side pockets or spotting scope pockets with full length zippers.

Justin

You're not alone...BUT, why stop at 3? I own every bag on their website, plus a couple others they don't make anymore and I've sold a few. Aron pisses me off...:)

geriggs

WKR
So I'm guessing the water bladder on the inside is not an option..just the full PALS webbing. Thanks

colonel00

WKR
So I'm guessing the water bladder on the inside is not an option..just the full PALS webbing. Thanks

Hmm, not sure what you mean. You could still attach a water bladder or use Kifaru's water bladder holder. I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

geriggs

WKR
On a previous video (gritty bowmen) they had a water bladder instead of the pals. They weren't sure if they were gonna keep it. I'm guessing no.

colonel00

WKR
Ah, like a sleeve for a bladder or something? I'll have to look for it. Still, I think the PALS gives more options and you could still figure way to attach bladders.