Testing the NIMROD Carbon Fiber pack *Update* Review Complete

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone see Ross' photobucket photos? I can't. it says he needs to update his account. Just me? Dying to see these photos.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone see Ross' photobucket photos? I can't. it says he needs to update his account. Just me? Dying to see these photos.
Photo bucket isn't working for very many people now. Ross will need a different host for photos or pay pb to host them under the new policy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
To bad all the photos are jacked now. I just did a Tutorial on here about IMGUR and how to move your pics off Photobucket.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep I will be updating photos with imgur or tapatalk stinking photobucket👎

todde1792

FNG
The link directs me to a post on exodus broadheads... Maybe it's just me? Dying to see the review!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HunterN8

FNG
Good morning folks...this is Nate, owner of Nimrod Outdoor. We are certainly excited about our Carbon Canyon pack and the review that Ross recently completed. Thank you Ross and the Rokslide crew for putting some mikes on our gear!

Ross mentioned a couple of areas that need 'improving'; the mesh back support being cut by the side of the carbon frame and the padding on the shoulder pads. We have already addressed the mesh issue. We have reinforced the mesh with nylon webbing along those contact points of the mesh backing.

The shoulder pad thickness will be considered as we receive more feedback. Prior to The review by Ross, my pro staff and those other 'testers' we have had, have been satisfied with the amount of padding in the shoulder straps.

Please don't hesitate to call if you have questions.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ross sent me the Carbon Canyon pack when he finished up this review. I ran it for my Colorado hunt. Here's a video review of the pack. I did pack out a quarter/head/antlers/cape 1-2 miles after I did the review. Pack did well.

It's 6lbs with bag, 4lbs frame only. Fit my 5'9/180lb body well. Good pack for shorter trips and has a "built-in" gun bearer. While not purposely designed that way, it did work. It's just a notch in the frame's top that held my rifle very secure and quickly accessible.

[video=youtube_share;3RgKr_JXNjE]https://youtu.be/3RgKr_JXNjE[/video]

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Robby, does the bag/frame allow for putting meat between them?

Yes Justin, it does. Because my pack was nearly empty when I killed my buck, I just put the quarter, head, cape, antlers in the bag. This is what Nate said about his pack design:

“....we designed the pack to allow a load to be put between the frame and bag. There is a mesh load shelf to keep the load from sagging, and then the straps that compress the bag to the frame would compress the load and secure it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: