Could I get a Cough or a Wink on a Mountain Rambler 2?

I thought I had read and interpreted a few "Hints" at a revamped Rambler in the works......but I may have been confused with the packs and names...since there are now 147 Kifaru variants and now discontinued packs......Ryan or anyone in the know.....are there any rumors or plans to reintroduce this bag?

reaper

WKR
I just pull the trigger on Rambler...new one or not,i got one lol,hope than i will like it.
Maybe the design was the same as eberlestock,i don't know never saw it but i doubt kifaru "can't" have a a rifle Scabbard on any of their bag.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

I had looked through all their patents about a year ago and came up with a way around the wording, but I still think it would end up in litigation even if you won.

I had looked through all their patents about a year ago and came up with a way around the wording, but I still think it would end up in litigation even if you won.

I'm all for patents, and people with original ideas getting the money and recognition they deserve, but the shit people are able to patent now is bordering on absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for patents, and people with original ideas getting the money and recognition they deserve, but the shit people are able to patent now is bordering on absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, the patent office is overwhelmed and under funded. On top of that the people that look these things over aren't experts in the fields either and only ensure the minimum requirements are met assuming that litigation will resolve any issues. The problem with that is that it makes patent lawyers very rich and it favors the larger companies that can afford it. This is most apparent in the software field. Also the transition from first to invent to first to file in the US a couple years ago has also probably increased the volume of patents submitted.

That being said, when Eberlestock first came out with a rifle scabbard integrated into a pack it probably was a novel idea and probably deserves to be protected. What a lot of people don't know is that patents were actually created to spur technological advancements, not stunt it as they are primarily seen today. A patent is essentially a contract with the government agreeing to disclose your discovery for all the world to see with clear and repeatable steps in exchange for protection from competition of someone using said invention for 20 years (15 for design patents).

I thought I had read and interpreted a few "Hints" at a revamped Rambler in the works......but I may have been confused with the packs and names...since there are now 147 Kifaru variants and now discontinued packs......Ryan or anyone in the know.....are there any rumors or plans to reintroduce this bag?

The future options coming will not be recognizable as a second iteration of the Rambler, so if you like the bag and design I would recommend picking one up. There is something in the works as Ryan eluded to, but it is more a functional replacement rather than a further iteration of the design. IT's a pretty cool design and pretty modular, so if you are someone who carries a heavy rifle on his back then you should probably wait and see which design you like better.

Last edited: