Kifaru Fulcrum

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered!
18766594_10155308355907482_7239632876459143801_o.jpg

Brendan

WKR
Just put my money where my mouth is. In the course of about 24 hours I sold my EMRII, guide lid and a whole bunch of matching pockets and now have a ranger green Fulcrum on order. Current shipping estimate for me is 3 weeks out.

I've carried a couple Elk out with the EMRII, used it to haul tree stands, and even used it as my whitetail tree stand pack. Hoping the Fulcrum is a worthy replacement.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Stopped by the shop while on Colorado vacation and think this pack looks super functional for the big haulers. I opted to get a nomad 2 to replace my nomad after the stop as I prefer to drop the bag. Fulcrum is certainly a well thought out bag.

Can't wait for a review on this one. I'm currently running an AMR and a Mountain Warrior, but I can't decide what I like best. The fulcrum looks like it would solve all of my problems, but I'm wondering if it's almost a little too big.

Rizzy

WKR
In my experience with the EMR2, the extra capacity is worth it when it's time to pack out meat, capes, and camp. The roll top style lid looks like it uses up some volume too.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm lucky enough to live and work about five minutes from Kifaru so I stopped in to see the Fulcrum in person this afternoon. I am currently comparing bags for a 10 day rifle hunt this season. I thought i was going to end up with the Nomad 2 with something like the Woodsman in-between the wings somehow. I though this would provide the best of both worlds, pack in, drop the Woodsman, day hunt with the Nomad. The Fulcrum has eliminated the need for that. This is a big versatile pack. Pretty sure I'm done looking. I think Cory was the one who helped me... terrible with names, Thanks again!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
How well does the Guide Lid work with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would work really well. There's a few different ways that you could attach the lid. Either with the tab loops on the integrated lid or with straps from the top of the frame. The native is also an awesome lid and a little more versatile than the guide IMO. I'll be doing a written/video review on comparing the guide and native as lids here soon. But yes the guide lid will work well on the fulcrum.

Like JBarr, i was thinking of going Nomad 2 with camp bag but why wouldn't i just go this route with the Fulcrum instead? Any downside to compressing the main pack down for day hunts and just using the wings? I'm guessing only just weight which seems negligible. Seems like the Fulcrum would offer more space too if i wanted to load it down. Not to mention, the price is basically the same so no savings going the Nomad 2/camp bag route. I'm trying to think of an advantage of the Nomad 2/camp bag? (disclosure - haven't seen either one in person). Thanks.

It would work really well. There's a few different ways that you could attach the lid. Either with the tab loops on the integrated lid or with straps from the top of the frame. The native is also an awesome lid and a little more versatile than the guide IMO. I'll be doing a written/video review on comparing the guide and native as lids here soon. But yes the guide lid will work well on the fulcrum.

Thanks. I like the idea but the weight deters me. It was a hasty question as the website shows a picture.

How well does the Guide lid work with an empty bag, full pockets on the outside and Guide lid on top? It looks like the bottom of the bag would be higher than the bottom of the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Like JBarr, i was thinking of going Nomad 2 with camp bag but why wouldn't i just go this route with the Fulcrum instead? Any downside to compressing the main pack down for day hunts and just using the wings? I'm guessing only just weight which seems negligible. Seems like the Fulcrum would offer more space too if i wanted to load it down. Not to mention, the price is basically the same so no savings going the Nomad 2/camp bag route. I'm trying to think of an advantage of the Nomad 2/camp bag? (disclosure - haven't seen either one in person). Thanks.

The nomad will be more modular and flexible for adding things like the upcoming rifle scabbard...

I have a guide lid coming with mine - but i also have large and medium belt pouches I want to try on top of the snow collar to see what I like better.

Regarding the native - it looks like an additional 6 oz over the guide lid, with the flexibility of a final approach pack, but similar space? I guess I need to look into it more - sure looks a lot bigger than the Guide, so I haven't given it too close of a look. I guess I'd like to see Jordan's comparison too.

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
The nomad will be more modular and flexible for adding things like the upcoming rifle scabbard...

I have a guide lid coming with mine - but i also have large and medium belt pouches I want to try on top of the snow collar to see what I like better.

Regarding the native - it looks like an additional 6 oz over the guide lid, with the flexibility of a final approach pack, but similar space? I guess I need to look into it more - sure looks a lot bigger than the Guide, so I haven't given it too close of a look. I guess I'd like to see Jordan's comparison too.

Folded flat, the guide lid is about 2/3 the length of the native but slightly wider than the native. I'm going on a trip this weekend I'm planning filming a comparison to post up next week. The native is a much more versatile stand alone pack than the guide imo, with being able to attach more than one pocket or a long pocket to the back. I think one of the biggest things people were wanting was the ability to put their water bladder in that approach pack, which the guide couldn't really do. Something I'm excited about with it is using it as a glassing pack near camp. I can fit my spotter, tripod, puffy, possibles pullout, etc then headlamp, map, food etc in a pocket on the back, and really have the essentials. The guide lid I just can't really do that, at least as well. Aron explains it simply as if you just want a lid roll with the guide, but if you want that glassing/fishing/approach type addition that can be carried as a lid, go with the Native.

Hopefully I can explain it in the video better than this post. Haha.