Kifaru Fulcrum

cg2737

WKR
61e0e877d4b4eb79caf8007ad4362195.jpg

d7ebdc9469b1e6fdf3173e0cabed39de.jpg

That is the gun bearer on the lower set of Pals. Ruger M77. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you!
That looks great, exactly what I was looking for.
Have you tried it in "day pack mode" with the rifle yet?

cg2737

WKR
d6dd2e85d073c0df229453f0183643a2.jpg

b8dca46b1848143158ba03071b5e965c.jpg

I rifle hunt very infrequently so no expert her, but I think I would run the gun bearer on my waist belt in day mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
Here's mine in "daypack" mode with the rifle. I think this will work just fine. I'll run it like CG2737 when full and like this in day mode.

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 168

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the Pics everyone!
Kotaman: are you running the barrel under a belt pouch that is on the snow collar? Looks sharp and secure.
Jordan & cg2737: Im a little confused about which gun bearer/carriage to get. Will the same one work for running up the back of the pack as well as on the belt? Or are those 2 different gun bearers? On Kifarus page they list: Right side, Left Side, Nomad Carriage and universal. Which one are you running on the pack?

Kotaman

WKR
Kotaman: are you running the barrel under a belt pouch that is on the snow collar? Looks sharp and secure.
Jordan & cg2737: Im a little confused about which gun bearer/carriage to get. Will the same one work for running up the back of the pack as well as on the belt? Or are those 2 different gun bearers? On Kifarus page they list: Right side, Left Side, Nomad Carriage and universal. Which one are you running on the pack?

Yes, barrel under the pouch and through the pack handle. It sure seems secure to me.

I just buy the RH Gun Bearer for the waistbelt. Same one works for everything.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hmm good question, I wasn't aware of the different styles. I have the universal I'm pretty sure. And yes, they are the ladder locks (same as the belt pouches) so you can take it off your belt and put it on the bag, works really good. If you call customer service they would get you straightened away on the different styles.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Delivery of my Fulcrum got delayed until tomorrow for some reason. Im pretty bummed out, I got a sandbag all taped up, I was looking forward to doing a quick 2-3 mile steep hike with the thing when it cools off this evening. Oh well, I guess Ill do it tomorrow.

I ended up ordering a few more things, I wont have them in time for my yellowstone trip but Ill grab them when I get back right before flying back to AK, I got a Native, Belt pouch (M) and the water bottle holder as well as a standard lid on closeout. I wasnt going to spend anymore $$$ but I didnt want ot risk getting back to AK and having to wait forever to get stuff, lots of times stuff gets to the ANchorage PO then sits there for weeks before getting sent out to the villages as cargo.

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Native, Belt pouch (M) and the water bottle holder as well as a standard lid on closeout. I wasnt going to spend anymore $$$ but I didnt want ot risk getting back to AK and having to wait forever to get stuff, lots of times stuff gets to the ANchorage PO then sits there for weeks before getting sent out to the villages as cargo.

Just out of curiosity, and since I'm trying to decide what accessories to get with mine.....
What is your thought process for getting the standard lid? Since the snow collar buckles down snug and has attachment points.
Also, how do you plan to use the native with the Fulcrum? I know it's a popular combo with the Nomad, just curious how your planning on running it.
Thanks in advance
-Leo

Rizzy

WKR
Lids are great for securing things to the pack (heads,tripod, etc.). I use my guide lid to sit on when glassing too

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My only thought with the lid was that if I ever really load the thing up it might hold things a bit more secure than just pulling a drawstring at the top.

I could be totally wrong I'm just picturing mynold pack without the "lid" on it.

Really, I mostly wanted the native and I probably should have just ordered a water bottle holder and belt pouch when I bought it.

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Cool!
Sounds good to me
Thanks for the feedback
I'm looking forward to hearing how you like your pack

jm1607

WKR
I could slap my Guide Lid on mine and take a pic. One of the reasons I went this route was to get rid of the "floppy lid"...After years of being a tried and true "lid guy", I've decided I like life better without a lid.

That's one of the main reasons I got a Reckoning. I could never get my guide lid to sit still. Running a medium pouch there, although smaller, has been MUCH less of a headache.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just ordered a native to run this same setup. Looks like a great way to have enough room for a week plus. Pretty sure that Native will be my gym/range bag as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was my thought as well, I like to do a lot of pack rafting and camping for week + trips in the summer so I wanted a way to carry a big load for those trips, plus I like the idea of pulling the native off and using it for climbing peaks or leaving base camp on hunting trips.