Waterproof Pack Covers

AlaskaEd

WKR
What's everyone using for waterproof pack covers? I have one with an integrated hood, but it's too small for my Barneys pack. It never got much use anyway so I can't say if it worked great or not.

S2S for me too. Sometimes just the pack cover...but if there's a chance i will not make it back to spike camp (unexpectedly stuck in the woods overnight) I take the poncho tarp. Converts into a decent shelter. Small pkg and weight penalty.

sea-to-summit-ultra-sil-tarp-poncho-add-2-1000px-1000px.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

[video=youtube;K3NqV70ArFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NqV70ArFY[/video]

Last edited:
I called Jim at Jimmy Tarps and he had exactly what I wanted. It came in and I thought it was way too big...but I was way too wrong. I can shed my pack and completely tuck in the hip belt and all straps for water protection. Jim is a hunter first and foremost and his pack cover is built with that in mind.

KJH

WKR
Kevin- I'm in the market for a new pack cover. Is there a specific size you ordered from Jim? I think I know the size I want, but your post has me thinking that maybe I don't know...

Kevin- I'm in the market for a new pack cover. Is there a specific size you ordered from Jim? I think I know the size I want, but your post has me thinking that maybe I don't know...

I don't recall a size. I told Jim the size of my pack (cubic inches and L+W) and he made the call. Experience has taught me it's better to have too much (larger) cover than too little.

rino

FNG
I use a drybag strapped into my nice frame/ loadsling. Let it rain! Keeps blood off my extra clothing too.
013cb8228acfee3dfd97573fa6bc68e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk