help troubleshoot on Cabela's instinct frame pack.

I have a Cabela's instinct frame and am having a terrible time keeping the lumbar support strap adjusted. I pull them tight on each side before adjusting the waist straps. It feels comfortable for a little while before the lumbar straps (located near the frame on the waist pad) loosen and the pack slumps.

Does anyone know a trick to get the clips to hold better? Cabela's has offered to replace it, but I don't see it as a defect but rather just a poorly designed clip. I'd like to utilize the pack since it is very comfortable and I can't afford an upgrade at the moment.

Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear

No experience with that pack but the first thing that came to my mind looking at the website pics were the rear belt straps attached to the lower frame. I'd make sure those rear stabilizer straps were loose and not restricting the belt from cinching properly when you pull on the front straps. You need those rear straps loose to get a snug wrap around your hips. After getting the belt tight I'd adjust the shoulder straps. Once the belt and shoulder straps are good to go then I'd gently snug the rear straps to give support without over tightening and ruining proper hip belt wrap.

Another thought....are you gettting the belt up onto your iliac crest? Make sure your belt is at the right height to get a good grab on your upper pelvis. If you cinch the belt too low then you'll get a good feeling from the belt but it won't sit properly on the hips and eventually loosen and slip down.

ams

WKR
I'd follow the above info. If you still feel like they are slipping you could run the ends back through the buckles so the extra is behind you between the frame and belt.