if you had to chose between a bag only out of these 3 Seek,Kuiu,Exo

If you go with KUIU get the full meal deal because they will redesign the frames in a couple years and leave folks with a previous generation bag with no compatible frame.

OP
slick trick

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
If you go with KUIU get the full meal deal because they will redesign the frames in a couple years and leave folks with a previous generation bag with no compatible frame.
i see the bags work with all there frames, there is a free conversion kit they offer, you just have to call and ask for it.

Never heard or read anything about being able to use the new frames with older pack bags. I've contacted them about a frame for my icon 1850 fairly soon after they changed design and they never mentioned having a conversion kit.

edit: I've just read that the 2017 frames MAY be able to be used with the older bags by getting a buckle set #2.

Quote from Kuiu site:
If you purchase a new 2017 frame and suspension and want to pair an older style bag you'll need 2017 Adapter Buckle Kit #2. These buckle kits will add a few minutes to the process of swapping out bags but are fully functional. We will provide these free of charge as needed. Please call customer service at (855) 367-5848.

They don't mention how old a bag can be used with the new frame and suspension.

Last edited:
No experience with SOS packs, but I sold my EXO 5500 bag and use a Kuiu 3200 and 6000 bag on two different kifaru frames.

texag10

WKR
I chose the SO revo frame with 4800 fortress bag and side zip because it blends essentially everything I want with the only potential drawback being lack of organisation. Even then, with the side pockets, talon, and belt pouches most of my frequent use stuff is close at hand.

It carries weight well, compresses to nothing, is waterproof without a cover or liner, tough, doesn't feel like you're strapped to a board, and on top of all that is light, maybe lightest of all the options being discussed here, but I'm not sure. I don't know why they're not more popular.

EXOs frame height isn't tall enough for me, wasn't interested in kuiu given their pack's reputation, Kifaru was heavy and $$$. Only pack I wish I'd got to try is SG on the new frame, but that wasn't out when I was buying.

LaHunter

WKR
I've been running the Kuiu Icon Pro 5200 full kit since they released them back in about 2014. I've been very happy with it since I bought it. One of the things that made me go with this setup was the bag layout and organization. For me, the pockets work great and keep everything in its place without having to buy additional pockets (adding lbs). I prefer the layout and design of this setup over anything else that I've seen on the market. The material is 500D Cordura, so the durability of the fabric is on par with other top end packs. The straps are 3/4" wide, I think. The buckles are made by Duraflex, which has a very solid reputation for quality hardware and buckles. I don't know about the stitching thread material, but my bag is still in great condition and shows no sign of stitching or fabric weakening / failure at all. I've seen questions on long term durability, but your not going to be hauling an engine block in this bag, hopefully. I have no concerns on the durability of this bag.
I actually use my Icon Pro more during training hikes, with about 70 lbs, than I do actually hunting. I have used my pack for about 8-12 days mule deer hunting for the past few years and I've hauled a whole, bone in, deer with head once and a half mule deer, bone in, with head once, and it performed very well. I've never experience load shifting, but my pack fits me well and I have it adjusted properly.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision