Woman's pack

lif

WKR
Yes, getting my wife a pack. Just wondering if anyone has advice on a decent pack that would fit a woman. I don't want to spend kifaru money but something next level below that. Probably more of an overnight to 3 night pack. Thanks Fyi my wife is about 5'7" 130 if that helps with sizing ideas.

wildcat33

WKR
Take a look at some Gregory packs. My wife uses the "Deva 70", and if you can get past the stupid name - its a really good pack. Ive seen some on closeout for as little as 150$.

Last year we bought my girlfriend an Osprey Aether pack. She used it all summer/fall, probably more than 150 miles total. She was very happy with the pack, but this year, I bought a small belt for my Exo 5500, and that's what she'll be using. What little she's had it on and the few short hikes we've done, she's really happy with the fit and comfort.

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a REI or similar store nearby I highly recommend trying some on before you buy. Women are all built soooo different and it's tough to get a proper fitting pack. They should have sandbags you can use to weight the pack down some. My wife ended up with a Gregory also but we tried on several packs till she found the best fit.

I would definitely look at Osprey or Gregory, hell even REI brand for a woman's pack. I used an Osprey while hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail. I've heard good things about Gregory. And you can't really knock REI brand stuff. I have 2 of their tents, a roller luggage bag, regular old backpack for work...stuff has held up just fine. My buddy has a 50L or so hiking pack that is REI brand and has no complaints.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I second going to REI. Just took my wife there and tried on several different packs. She ended up with a Deuter ACT Lite 45, but several of them seemed decent.