Kifaru Native vs Guide lid - Videos

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are a couple of videos I did this weekend on the Native vs the Guide lid. As you can see the Native will hold a lot more gear and is more suited for a day pack as far as gear goes. I can fit my tripod (Slik 634/outdoorsman pan head) in the bag along with my 80mm Swaro and still fit all of the other stuff in there. For me It's going to be best suited as a glassing pack from camp when I'm not going too far. To me the simplest way to put which is best as a lid, is if your looking for extra room in the pack and don't really plan on having or wanting to take the lid off, then the Guide is probably the way to go. Where as the Native works better if your wanting an approach/glassing/fishing pack separate of your main pack, but still works great as a lid. Hard to give a clear answer as it's every ones personal views and hunting styles, but I am very impressed with the Native and it clearly has a purpose.

I'll be writing up a review later this summer, as well as adding another video of how I have it setup for a real world scouting/hunting scenario. If there's anything you'd like me to specifically touch on let me know.

[video=youtube;IgyICD--mWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgyICD--mWE[/video]
[video=youtube;BCITCogXdbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCITCogXdbw[/video]

Hall256

WKR
Jordan, another great review...only one question, what's written on that map? You hid that thing pretty fast...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video. The listed capacity as compared to the guide lid has confused me from the beginning but you confirmed my suspicion. It's nice to see someone pull their real gear out of a bag. Gives a much better idea of what it can fit.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the video. The listed capacity as compared to the guide lid has confused me from the beginning but you confirmed my suspicion. It's nice to see someone pull their real gear out of a bag. Gives a much better idea of what it can fit.

Yes for sure, I was hoping that'd help the most. I think the specs are off a bit as well, I mentioned it to Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan, another great review...only one question, what's written on that map? You hid that thing pretty fast...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's a fairly detailed map of that area haha, I'll be elk hunting near there so better be safe!

Thanks! It's a fairly detailed map of that area haha, I'll be elk hunting near there so better be safe!

Don't think we're above pausing a video to zoom in on a map. I'm not anyways.

Thanks for the review. It definitely helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

XMP

FNG
Thanks for the videos. I was pretty sure I preferred getting a Native for its versatility, but your videos confirmed it.

reaper

WKR
Thanks for the videos. I was pretty sure I preferred getting a Native for its versatility, but your videos confirmed it.
Native is better than the guide lid,price sucks but i really like the bag.
13fe60677e52f0209c37db912a3dbf54.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk