Anybody run a quiver on their pack?

snowplow

WKR
I'm a trad guy and prefer to run a backquiver like this: 00small71698896.JPG

I've put it on a few packs and it works pretty good like that. But never on my kifaru yet.

I'm looking for some ideas if any of you do that too!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been running the Rancho Safari packs for a couple of decades. I have never liked a quiver on my bow and this allows the arrows to be within the pack system, easily accessible and dont have to worry about the affect on my shooting.

Muttly

WKR
Ran the Rancho on the right side of the pack last fall, Mtn Warrior, seems like it went on with minimal effort... Arrows cut at 31 1/2", bottom of the quiver was even with the bottom of the pack, little more overhead than is probably ideal...
Down side is a camo quiver on a grey pack, but I,'ve decided to forgive myself and move on...

I run a quiver like that with a variety of day packs as well as a Kifaru Bikini frame with a bag. I like the way it rides with the bikini.

I put my pack on and get it adjusted/tightened properly then sling the quiver over my head and shoulder as usual. Adjust the quiver so it is upright alongside the pack and at a good height for working the arrows. Then I unbuckle and put the sternum strap and the hipbelt over the quiver strap and buckle up again. This holds the quiver in place rather well and I can hike or hunt like it's not even there. I do this with two sizes of Safari Tuff quiver like yours and with a Bowers leather side quiver of the same style.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Just put the quiver strap under the pack harness as it crosses your front and it will all be obvious. With the quiuver upright along the pack there is still room for a pocket on my bikini belt.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I run a quiver like that with a variety of day packs as well as a Kifaru Bikini frame with a bag. I like the way it rides with the bikini.

I put my pack on and get it adjusted/tightened properly then sling the quiver over my head and shoulder as usual. Adjust the quiver so it is upright alongside the pack and at a good height for working the arrows. Then I unbuckle and put the sternum strap and the hipbelt over the quiver strap and buckle up again. This holds the quiver in place rather well and I can hike or hunt like it's not even there. I do this with two sizes of Safari Tuff quiver like yours and with a Bowers leather side quiver of the same style.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Just put the quiver strap under the pack harness as it crosses your front and it will all be obvious. With the quiuver upright along the pack there is still room for a pocket on my bikini belt.

I've done that exact thing a bunch. I totally know what you mean and it works killer. I might end up doing it again. I was just hoping to simplify it by making it one step. But that works so good it might be as good as it gets. There's something about the shape with that flat side that makes the quiver just snug right up where you need it every time.

Seems like it's a choice of where you want the extra step. It rides so well like this I prefer to have it separate from the pack so that dropping the pack and keeping the quiver is a one step process and I don't have to separate the two. Whether it's for stalking an animal, a stump shooting break, etc., being able to remove the pack and not worry about my arrows as I move the pack around is nice. And dropping the pack without taking off the quiver is convenient at times.

If you decide to attach to your pack let us know how and how you like it and the advantages you find. Always open to learning what I don't know.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
That's a good point. I'll give it a try with this pack today. I just assumed it wouldn't work with the frame. I usually do it with my Eberlestock Mini-me.