Please! Any coupons for Kuiu, Stone Glacier and/or Exo Mountain?

Hopefully this isnt hijacking the thread, but can those who have had problems with the Kuiu packs elaborate on those problems? I bought one prior to knowing about kifaru or stone glacier and havent used it yet. Id like to know what to watch out for.

for me their belts and suspension arent anywhere near the level of exo sg and kifaru (not as wide to dsitribute weight evenly) it wasnt as biga deal when i had 30-40 lbs but when i had 70+ lbs and you want most of that weight on your hips its not very fun

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully this isnt hijacking the thread, but can those who have had problems with the Kuiu packs elaborate on those problems? I bought one prior to knowing about kifaru or stone glacier and havent used it yet. Id like to know what to watch out for.

Just search the forum for kuiu, there are probably over 100 threads for you to read. Short version: questionable QC and customer service if something breaks, but there are also a number of guys that are quite satisfied with their purchase.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skip kuiu. I haven't had the best experiences with their packs. If you join elk 101 I think you get 10 percent off of exo.
If you are military or a vet kifaru usually gives a generous discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True that on the kuiu packs. We broke a frame last year with 80lbs in it and they wouldn't fix it.

DenRuyter

Lil-Rokslider
If you're a vet, Kifaru has a code they can give you for ordering online- I just used it last night so I know it works. It's saved me probably $300-400 over the last few years and I've been extremely happy with everything from them especially my hunting frame for comfort under weight. I just made my first EXO order last night too... I just sent them a copy of my DD214 beforehand and got a code from Mark for about the same amount off with them as Kifaru. I talked to Pete at SG last week and they seemed pretty good to deal with for CS, I just haven't pulled the trigger with them yet. Outside of military support or being some type of outdoors professional it's hard to find deals for those 3 companies.

Liked my Kuiu Icon Pro, but everyone is right that it's not great for weight. Mine was extremely uncomfortable no matter how I adjusted it- even with only 35lbs. Just didn't fit my body type.

Weekender

WKR
My buddy bought it on here so since he wasn't the original owner they wouldn't touch it.

Ok makes sense. I've only had positive CS response and have warrantied a couple things without any problem but I was originally owner. Not sure if the other pack companies have transferable warranties but good on them if they do.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok makes sense. I've only had positive CS response and have warrantied a couple things without any problem but I was originally owner. Not sure if the other pack companies have transferable warranties but good on them if they do.

Kifaru definitely does. With things like clothing.. I understand non transferable. But with a company that claims their packs are so good and cost so much, then to break the frame on one with only 80 lbs. then have them acting like they did on the phone, makes me turn away. If it was the bag portion like zippers or buckles I wouldn't care at all, but this is the frame I'm talking about.. and could've left us really screwed if we'd have been much further from the vehicle.

I wouldn't trade my new EXO 5500 for any other pack out there. Such a simple and functional pack.

Seam tore on my kuiu pack with about 60 lbs in it. Shoddy workmanship.

ElkWhisperer, I'd have no problems buying an EXO, SG, or Kifaru used. NONE. Problem is, you don't see any of the three used much except the Kifaru 26 inch frames. If that's the height you need, then you will find one used in the next week or so. If not, you could wait a long time. Well, elk season is coming quick. So, I'd base my decision on delivery times of the new packs versus finding the used ones. And, don't believe the BS on the front page about Kifaru owners being unsatisfied. They have and still do sell exponentially more packs than either of the other two. There is simply a bunch more Kifaru's floating around then the other two at this point. I suspect it will always be that way.

Anyways, I considered the same three when I bought my Kifaru. I used a couple determining factors to make my decision final. First was all the rave reviews of Kifaru. Plus, there is guy on here called Kotahunter. He is a gear junkie and tries all the new stuff. He simply said he preferred the Kifaru due to the hip belt. So, I keyed in on searching for reviews of hip belts from all three and, found out quite a few other gear junkies that had tried all three, shared his opinion. Second factor was the wait times the others had in comparison to Kifaru, that led me to my Kifaru. I'm so pleased it worked out that way. I chose a new 24 inch aluminum stay, hunter frame because I couldn't find a used one.

Sorry I got so long winded but, I'm not the authority on this stuff. I just know what works for me. However, there are lots of people here that have owned all three. And, while most seem to prefer the Kifaru,, not all do. So, you got sort through all the favoritism and take the plunge. If you are unhappy or, still wandering after hunting season, you will be able to sell any of the three for almost full cost and try again. God Bless

Last edited: