MR Metcalf Lid

hobbes

WKR
Ive got one of the earlier MR Metcalf packs without the lid. Im currently using a kifaru lid that is just that, a lid or cover, no pockets. I can find MR lids on ebay, but wondered if anyone has found a small pack that they've used instead of the MR Daypack Lid. I'm not as interested in it serving as a lid as I am it providing a small amount of storage space.
I'm really just looking to add an external bag/pocket of some sort to carry things that i want easier access to but are too big for the belt pouches. I want it securely fastened and not just hanging there.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Im open to other suggestions but the Guide Lid looks like a good option. I just searched their site a day or two ago.
I dont know how I missed it.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you have a specific size/shape/feature in mind feel free to reach out if you'd like something sewn up. If putting it on a MR frame on the top you need male buckles on the frame side to clip into the female buckles on the frame sleeve. You can also hang side pockets off the side straps if you'd rather not have a lid on top.

Some prior lids with the specific features folks wanted: (looks like photobucket sharing caught up with me, I'll need to switch hosting platforms)

E73F8C91-A028-4C03-A6F1-37033BCE9238_zpsdqblyucd.jpg

04324AC9-72F8-4E7D-89AC-54B658DD9AAF_zpszuqzsg4s.jpg

Edit: Here's one from another hosting source, I need to move a bunch of photos it appears.

17522983_10207383675824926_311129511165746925_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
If you want a small pack the Native or Guide Lid from Kifaru should fit the bill. I'm a big fan of the MR lid though. I use the MR lid on my Kifaru packs.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I'd probably be satisfied with the MR lid also, but they dont sell them as a stand alone item anymore.

Pods8,
Do you have anymore photos of what you make for MR packs, side pockets, lids, etc.? It looks like all your previous photos hosted by photobucket are no longer showing up.

puck60

FNG
MR does sell the daypack lid separately. Search under Packs >>Military>>Accessories. If this is not the lid you were talking about, please excuse my misunderstanding.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd probably be satisfied with the MR lid also, but they dont sell them as a stand alone item anymore.

Pods8,
Do you have anymore photos of what you make for MR packs, side pockets, lids, etc.? It looks like all your previous photos hosted by photobucket are no longer showing up.

Yeah that happened last night/today, I will have to migrate my photos to a different platform and reinsert links. Photobucket cut the cord on free hosting for everyone.

Anyways I have examples but also I'm sewing whatever folks think up so its not confined to a product line or anything.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
MR does sell the daypack lid separately. Search under Packs >>Military>>Accessories. If this is not the lid you were talking about, please excuse my misunderstanding.

Puck, you are right. I emailed them last year about a lid and was told they no longer sold it. Maybe i asked about a previous lid, Alpine Lid maybe. Not that its a huge deal but I notice that they dont make the daypack lid in the foliage color.

Pods8, I'd be iterested in seeing what youve done for other folks using an MR Metcalf. I can provide an email if that is easier. Im not really interested in the "daypack" feature. I just want something external that is easier to access than the one internal pocket on the Metcalf.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For the main bag mostly looking at a lid or external pocket (or something else you think up ;) ). I've done a variety of dimension for side pockets with 2" daisy chain strips (versus 1.5" spacing on normal PALS) so you can fit a buckle through them (PALS you have to take the buckle off the strap). Just depends on what folks want. FYI, while I do have foliage fabric I just have coyote and black trim (webbing/zippers/etc.). The below pockets show one variation of the side pockets and also foliage w/ coyote.

16640839_10207095672985035_5683760443692190294_n.jpg

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I'll PM you in the next day or two about sizes, price, etc.